MOAB EJS 2023 Concept Jeeps - Let Us Know what you Think!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Always exciting to see these in person, all the little Easter eggs are fun to see, and to catch a glimpse of what may come.

rubiRI77

Scrambler!!! the 392 is super cool, but the real story here is a two door "truck like" thing based on a 4 door chassis! Something along these lines WOULD sell. I have heard all the arguments of why they don't. (CAFE standards, blah, blah). I just wish they would either build a two door truck, or just stop messing with us!
Make a 2 door gladiator based on the 4 door chassis, put a little 4' bed or something along those lines on it. (still enough for some truck stuff.) I myself would love a tiny bed for things like propane tanks, gas cans, mulch, etc. You know, things you don't really want inside with you. As well as a great spot for gear when wheeling.
Keep the approach/breakover/departure angles of the 4 door Wrangler. Make it available with Rubicon, or even XR trim with 35's, and I know that at least one will sell!! HAha.

Copper Head

1978 Jeep Cherokee 4xe Concept
I guess I like the old look with the new tech on the 1978 Jeep Cherokee 4xe Concept Nice job jeep on putting that together. I would even buy one if they were released to the public.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but I see a bunch of molested JL’s and JT’s and no concepts. The wagoneer, maybe you could say concept but that’s about it. The rest are basically production type vehicles. Another year and another let down in my opinion. I miss the days of actual concepts.

Bierpower

Hooked
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but I see a bunch of molested JL’s and JT’s and no concepts. The wagoneer, maybe you could say concept but that’s about it. The rest are basically production type vehicles. Another year and another let down in my opinion. I miss the days of actual concepts.
This is kinda what I was thinking. I see some modified B-pillars and ugly seats but all the drivetrains are already production (besides the full electric that I have zero interest in) and all the bolt-ons are more accessories than concepts.

Graywolf

The Moab Easter Jeep Safari is here again and for 2023, Jeep has just revealed the following concept rigs. As always, we would love to hear what you think of them! (y)

Jeep Wrangler Magneto 3.0 Concept
Third time’s a charm for this off-road beast. When the Jeep design team began building the Jeep Wrangler Magneto concept, the intention was always to use the platform to test, discover and push the boundaries of 4x4 electrification.

The Jeep Magneto 1.0 concept was first introduced in 2021 as a fully capable BEV that was stealthy, quiet, quick and an unmistakable rock-climbing force. Jeep brand engineers and designers created a zero-emission vehicle with Jeep 4x4 capability that provided new levels of efficiency, environmental responsibility, and extreme performance on and off road.

Based on a two-door 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, the Jeep Magneto features a custom-built axial flux electric motor that operates up to 6,000 rpm and connects to a six-speed manual transmission for ultimate control. The compact e-motor was initially tuned to deliver up to 273 lb.-ft. of torque and 285 horsepower.

The debut of the Jeep Magneto 2.0 concept in 2022 pushed the performance envelope further. Peak amperage in the propulsion system was more than doubled to 600 amps, which enabled the concept vehicle to instantly deliver up to 850 lb.-ft. of peak torque to the wheels – more than triple the torque output of the previous version of the concept – and 625 horsepower for serious rock-climbing challenges.

Updates to Jeep Magneto this year include a new, more efficient motor that boosts the torque output, as well as updated programming, which results in a 20% increase in useable energy and range.

Also new to the Jeep Magneto 3.0 concept this year are three driver selectable functions that capitalize on the benefits of a fully electric powertrain in serious off-road situations:
  1. Output select allows the driver to choose between two power settings (standard: 285 horsepower/273 lb.-ft. of torque; maximum: 650 horsepower/900 lb.-ft. of torque)
  2. Two-stage power regeneration mode allows normal driving while off, or enhanced brake regeneration using the electric motor when engaged
  3. Aggressive hill descent mode can be selected in low range to offer true ‘one pedal’ off-road driving in serious rock-crawling situations
Adding to its prowess are Dynatrac 60 front axles (5.38:1 ratio), Dynatrac 80 rear axles (5.38:1 ratio), 20-inch off-road beadlock wheels, 40-inch mud terrain tires and a custom 3-inch lift.

The Jeep Magneto 3.0 concept also tests the concept vehicle’s proportion. For ease of access, the door opening has been modified and swept back an additional six inches. For added accessibility, a new B-pillar was moved rearward 60mm from stock to make way for a custom anti-roll bar. The front fender was stretched back on the trailing edge two inches. The windshield has been raked back 12 degrees to give the side view a “chopped” roof feel without shortening the front glass.

Jeep Magneto 3.0 has an updated paint scheme that pays homage to all three evolutions of the concept vehicle. The Bright White and Surf Blue motif remains, but the third iteration introduces more vibrant exterior details, including the addition of red accents.

The Jeep Magneto 3.0 concept front seats have been re-trimmed in a rich blue leather and adorned with red accent stitching to match the exterior. The rear seats have been removed and the floor has been Rhino-lined in Surf Blue for added functionality and durability.
View attachment 387058
View attachment 387048 View attachment 387050 View attachment 387051
View attachment 387052
View attachment 387053 View attachment 387054
View attachment 387055
View attachment 387056 View attachment 387057
Looks like the rig you would want to take with you on your trip to Mars. It's a cool looking rig, but I guess I'm to old school and not a fan of the ev's yet.

Graywolf

Jeep Scrambler 392 Concept
Originally introduced in 1981, the Jeep Scrambler (CJ-8) was the Jeep brand’s first convertible, compact truck. Highly capable and versatile, this unique small pickup truck was similar to the CJ-7, but featured a longer 103-inch wheelbase and a long rear overhang for increased cargo space.

Fast forward four decades, the Jeep Scrambler 392 concept builds on the fun, open-air origins of the CJ-8 with a powerful twist. Though a V-8 engine was never offered in the CJ-8, the 392 Scrambler concept offers impressive power and incredible torque with its 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine (470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque).

The Jeep Scrambler 392 concept, which started as a four-door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, also emphasizes lightweight off-road performance, achieved through custom carbon-fiber bodywork. The transformation showcases the Scrambler’s new two-door aesthetic with an open-air freedom personality. The windshield is laid back 12 degrees and matches a lower roof. The modified silhouette gives a nod to chopped top hotrods.

One of the most exciting features on the Jeep Scrambler 392 concept is the newly released AccuAir air suspension kit developed for the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator. This system allows an adjustable suspension lift ranging from 1.5 inches up to 5.5 inches and can be custom adjusted on the fly with an in-cab controller or through long-range Bluetooth on a wireless device.

The sculptural rear quarter panel is designed to emphasize the door aperture, as well as wider rear flares. The updated bodywork also includes a new front fender flare and a new carbon-fiber hood. In the middle of the hood rests a tinted clear insert to spotlight the heart of the Jeep Scrambler 392 concept, its monster 392-cubic-inch engine. Custom front and rear lightweight bumpers and the new fender flares provide added clearance for a larger tire and wheel combo.

The Jeep Scrambler 392 concept sits on 40-inch tires wrapped around custom 20-inch rims. The rims and tow hooks are finished in Brass Monkey paint, the same as today’s stock Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392. The exterior of the concept is painted in Sublime green, while the interior boasts custom seats with plaid blue inserts and green stitching.
View attachment 387059 View attachment 387060 View attachment 387061 View attachment 387062 View attachment 387063 View attachment 387064 View attachment 387065 View attachment 387066 View attachment 387067
That is nice. If they put that into production, I would think they would be flying off the show room floor. I would get me one of them.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
These look like the engineer at hot wheels made them. The 392 looks like fun and I like the Cherokee for nostalgia. I kinda like the grand wagoner too and that you can get to the tent from the inside.

KB180

Scrambler 392 gets my vote! I like the Magneto concept the rest kind of leave me flat. The Gladiator concept doesn't look like a harmonious design to me the bed has way too much going on.

These look like the engineer at hot wheels made them.
Yo that’s very accurate!
Used to love me some Criss Cross Crash
525DD18E-F43B-4CE7-80F8-E78FF34DF277.jpeg

But yea I do have to agree I will always be more of a fan of simpler contour lines and solid colors.

Like I said, I do like the Magneto and Scrambler tubs, although they’re a bit outside the norm. However, If I were ever to purchase one, it would need to be granite crystal!

n3tfury

Scrambler 392 gets my vote! I like the Magneto concept the rest kind of leave me flat. The Gladiator concept doesn't look like a harmonious design to me the bed has way too much going on.
Looks like JC Whitney puked on it and has a touch of Chevy Avalanche as well.

Ddays

Hooked
Saw multiple posts & stories on the interwebs today showing updates to the Wrangler and one of them is a full float 44 rear. The Rubicon X gets 12 way adjustable seats and a Warn winch.

Fuckers

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm a luddite. I admit it. Off Road EV's are not my cup of tea. The thunder of an American V-8 still boils my blood. That said, if I have to choose a concept it would be the Cherokee 4xe. Retro and powerful.

Brute

Hooked
Obviously, it's the 392 Scrambler...and they missed the mark by not doing a 392 Gladiator...

Top Bottom