Minimum JK lift allowed to be still covered under factory warranty

That should have not happened..... I would have called the GM of that dealer.

Yeah, I know. I just went home and fixed it myself. Re-flaring and relocating the brake pipe. I didn't want to get my Jeep flagged or anything.

This thread is a perfect example of witness testimony of stories that happened to them regardless of the literature that says covered/not covered. This is the real world. Bottom line, if someone says it'll be covered, get it in writing. This stuff happens at dealers every day, and the sales dept (for the most part) really doesn't know squat about the product other than getting your money from you by telling you what you want to hear. And as someone previously mentioned, have a good relationship with your service manager/advisor so if any gray areas come up, they'll take care of you.

This thread is a perfect example of witness testimony of stories that happened to them regardless of the literature that says covered/not covered. This is the real world. Bottom line, if someone says it'll be covered, get it in writing. This stuff happens at dealers every day, and the sales dept (for the most part) really doesn't know squat about the product other than getting your money from you by telling you what you want to hear. And as someone previously mentioned, have a good relationship with your service manager/advisor so if any gray areas come up, they'll take care of you.

I use to work for a dealer too. Yes the service writer and manager will do their best to go and bat for you but its still Chrysler's final decision to approve the work order. And also most dealers do not put these kinds of accessories on like lift, wheels tires etc they out source it.

Last edited:
Wow must be nice to have such dealerships in your area ☹

Its great that they are willing to do all of the work under warranty. It would be nice if they could fix this damn thing from leaking though. 6 times it has been in for the half doors leaking (started out literally as a small drip they said they could fix) and each time I get it back it is worse. It will be back in again on the 23rd. I guess Ill see what happens. :naw:

I've had no issues with my lifted Jeep at the Dealership for Warranty work without issues and they've been super cool about all the jeep mods including Lockers, True Tracks. They replaced a broken sway bar link obviously broken wheeling. I could argue that the guys at that dealer know that I work with their IT guys as the Dealer's Main company is my customer but, a lot of lifted jeeps roll thru there and I don't see a lot of people complaining...

Top Bottom