Miles.. Everyone's got em, let's see yours!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I suppose I'd better post up the original milage of my 1979 CJ5 before it's too late. Unfortunately, while the mile accumulation is accurate (checked by GPS), the needle bounces around not really giving an true reading over 25 or so mph. The other two gauges don't work at all. I am replacing the entire cluster with a really good new one where the speed is calculated by GPS and the others are run by newer tech electronics. The down side is, all will start at zero and the mileage will no longer by legally true. As I'm hoping for this to be a keeper for me, it shouldn't be an issue. I will know what the real miles will be and I think I can trust me to be truthful about it if I need to know.:D

IMG_0340.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I suppose I'd better post up the original milage of my 1979 CJ5 before it's too late. Unfortunately, while the mile accumulation is accurate (checked by GPS), the needle bounces around not really giving an true reading over 25 or so mph. The other two gauges don't work at all. I am replacing the entire cluster with a really good new one where the speed is calculated by GPS and the others are run by newer tech electronics. The down side is, all will start at zero and the mileage will no longer by legally true. As I'm hoping for this to be a keeper for me, it shouldn't be an issue. I will know what the real miles will be and I think I can trust me to be truthful about it if I need to know.:D

View attachment 284248

I saved my original speedo that I replaced after it was was soaked and ruined it. Always remember to put your windshield up before it rains....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom