MetalCloak Game-Change 2.5" Lift - 6-Pack Edition

Well this thread has finally fallen off the clif.... i knew it was only a matter of time before the memes came out. Kinda suprised Overlander didnt throw one out earlier on. Lol

... I'm an mechanical/engineering guy...

I'm sorry, but you have already made it VERY clear that you are NOT a qualified engineer.

You MAY be "analytically minded". You may hold a job with "engineer" in the title. Hell, you may even have a formal degree in some aspect of engineering... none of that makes you an Engineer. Form your posts we are already positive you are not licensed, and I would bet heavily that you are not even designated EIT. Have you ever even heard of the FE exam?

Sorry if this is harsh, but it really chaps me that all these "engineers" first and formost can't/wont grasp simple concepts of mechanics (be you electrical/mechanical/civil/industiral/petroleum/chemical) it doesn't matter, the fact of the matter is guys like you always feel the need (and do infact) post "I am an engineer" as if that so how makes your lack of acceptance or acknowledgement in your own knowlege flaws some how acceptable...

A REAL Engineer KNOWS they don't know everything.

A REAL Engineer KNOWS what they KNOW, checks what they THINK, learns what they CAN, and MOST of all, accepts others advice/experience on things they DON'T know/understand. This is why you fail.

I'm sorry, but you have already made it VERY clear that you are NOT a qualified engineer.

You MAY be "analytically minded". You may hold a job with "engineer" in the title. Hell, you may even have a formal degree in some aspect of engineering... none of that makes you an Engineer. Form your posts we are already positive you are not licensed, and I would bet heavily that you are not even designated EIT. Have you ever even heard of the FE exam?

Sorry if this is harsh, but it really chaps me that all these "engineers" first and formost can't/wont grasp simple concepts of mechanics (be you electrical/mechanical/civil/industiral/petroleum/chemical) it doesn't matter, the fact of the matter is guys like you always feel the need (and do infact) post "I am an engineer" as if that so how makes your lack of acceptance or acknowledgement in your own knowlege flaws some how acceptable...

A REAL Engineer KNOWS they don't know everything.

A REAL Engineer KNOWS what they KNOW, checks what they THINK, learns what they CAN, and MOST of all, accepts others advice/experience on things they DON'T know/understand. This is why you fail.

Oh its fine... No harm indeed. My brain works like an engineers brain. I am not college educated or anything matter a fact, I barely passed high school. Graduated with a 1.4 GPA.. Ohhra! .. My title does not have "engineering" in it at all to be honest. It should be baby sitter. Because that's all I truly do. I watch people, and help as needed.

I never said that I knew anything. I did on several occasions say that I came here to learn. I was met with "Your a fucking idiot". I am not sure who is more of a moron, the guy calling the other a moron, because he said he came here to learn, or the guy that came here to learn. It is what it is tho... This is your guys home, and you don't need me here.

This place reminds me of Pirate4x4... Again, Is what it is...

Thanks,

Oh its fine... No harm indeed. My brain works like an engineers brain. I am not college educated or anything matter a fact, I barely passed high school. Graduated with a 1.4 GPA.. Ohhra! .. My title does not have "engineering" in it at all to be honest. It should be baby sitter. Because that's all I truly do. I watch people, and help as needed.

I never said that I knew anything. I did on several occasions say that I came here to learn. I was met with "Your a fucking idiot". I am not sure who is more of a moron, the guy calling the other a moron, because he said he came here to learn, or the guy that came here to learn. It is what it is tho... This is your guys home, and you don't need me here.

Thanks,

Here's the deal. This is coming from me, who is 100% ignorant of coil overs and shock travel, which is why I didn't involve myself in the technical aspects of the conversation here....you just installed a kit and as pointed out, haven't even road-tested it or put some time on it. MANY other members here run coil-overs and have TONS of shock travel experience. I would suggest taking their advice.

EDIT: And yes I realize we are not dealing with a coil-over setup. But travel is travel...that's what I'm getting at.

Last edited:
I thought with the image you created you showed the lower end of the shock, and said it didn't do anything.

Think about it for a second. IF the lower shock shaft that you see were just a fixed post attached to the bottom of your shock, how would that effect the amount of vertical travel you have?

Here's the deal. This is coming from me, who is 100% ignorant of coil overs and shock travel, which is why I didn't involve myself in the technical aspects of the conversation here....you just installed a kit and as pointed out, haven't even road-tested it or put some time on it. MANY other members here run coil-overs and have TONS of shock travel experience. I would suggest taking their advice.

Nobody has given any advice, only made insults it seems.. I've asked questions, and was met with "Your a fucking idiot". Outstanding!

Eddie was the only one that tried to clear some air when I assume when I said about the 16 inches of shock travel. When he was talking about axle travel. When I tried to pick his brain for his knowledge I was met with more insults. "LET ME SLOW IT DOWN FOR YOU SINCE ENGLISH OBVIOUSLY ISNT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE".... Ummm ok... I am not your child... Just tell me to get the fuck out... I'm perfectly happy with that...

It almost seemed like Eddie was trying to protect maybe some vendors he works closely with, and smash a product, that hes has never tested. It is what it is again.. As stated I don't know, Maybe this MetalCloak gear is complete POS! I haven't been on a trail with this rig yet.

I believe a lot of this was just miscommunication, No offense...

MetalCloak Game-Change 2.5" Lift - 6-Pack Edition

Nobody has given any advice, only made insults it seems.. I've asked questions, and was met with "Your a fucking idiot". Outstanding!

Eddie was the only one that tried to clear some air when I assume when I said about the 16 inches of shock travel. When he was talking about axle travel. When I tried to pick his brain for his knowledge I was met with more insults. "LET ME SLOW IT DOWN FOR YOU SINCE ENGLISH OBVIOUSLY ISNT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE".... Ummm ok... I am not your child... Just tell me to get the fuck out... I'm perfectly happy with that...

It almost seemed like Eddie was trying to protect maybe some vendors he works closely with, and smash a product, that hes has never tested. It is what it is again.. As stated I don't know, Maybe this MetalCloak gear is complete POS! I haven't been on a trail with this rig yet.

Correction, I said you were a fucking retard not and idiot.

You came here to troll so just get lost.

Think about it for a second. IF the lower shock shaft that you see were just a fixed post attached to the bottom of your shock, how would that effect the amount of vertical travel you have?

The lower shock shaft is not fixed. It's fluid. It moves in and out at the same rate/distance like the top one does.

Now I only have experience with IFS systems. I've build several race cars, for road racing, and autocross.

From what I noticed with the IFS systems, that your shock held the springs in. Meaning my downward vertical travel would be hindered by it. Remove the bottom or the top of the shock, and you could get more room in there. I would normally remove the shock, so I could push the arm down, and change the springs out. If I wanted different ft/lb rating springs.

It appears that its not the same on Jeeps which is fine.

Thanks Eddie,

To be serious I thought English was not your first language.

The lower shock shaft is not fixed. It's fluid. It moves in and out at the same rate/distance like the top one does.

Now I only have experience with IFS systems. I've build several race cars, for road racing, and autocross.

From what I noticed with the IFS systems, that your shock held the springs in. Meaning my downward vertical travel would be hindered by it. Remove the bottom or the top of the shock, and you could get more room in there. I would normally remove the shock, so I could push the arm down, and change the springs out. If I wanted different ft/lb rating springs.

It appears that its not the same on Jeeps which is fine.

Thanks Eddie,

I thought you were leaving?

It almost seemed like Eddie was trying to protect maybe some vendors he works closely with, and smash a product, that hes has never tested.

:cheesy: Oh yeah, that's gotta be it. You don't like what I have to say so clearly, I'm "smashing a product" in an effort to "protect" a vendor that I work closely with. :crazyeyes:

Yes, but that's only because of the gimmicky design. The question is, does it really need to be a shaft that moves at all? Here's a pic of what your shock could look like if only the top portion moved in and out.

vertical-travel-2.jpg

As you can see, you would STILL have the SAME amount of vertical travel with or without the bottom shock shaft. :naw:

Wow, first you were an engineer and then you weren't. Now you've built race cars for road racing and autocross... Do tell more :daydream:

I never said that I knew anything. I did on several occasions say that I came here to learn. I was met with "Your a fucking idiot". I am not sure who is more of a moron, the guy calling the other a moron, because he said he came here to learn, or the guy that came here to learn.

It doesn't appear you came here to learn. If you did, your first post wouldn't be to tout a kit you just barely installed and have since admitted you know nothing about. This being your first solid axle vehicle and lift and all.

It is what it is tho... This is your guys home, and you don't need me here.

You are correct. In fact none of us NEED to be here. We are here because we want to be, can take other people's opinions without getting bent (mostly [emoji6]).

I might also add that we are all here as guests and that those who come here thinking otherwise usually start on the wrong foot. And that is a hard place to recover from.

Thanks,

Funny you should mention that. Most of the people that come here from that place are just like you. Maybe you need to find a more gentler forum???

Here's one:

http://mlparena.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=71oc6klg1u9igj4klc3ga8evf4&

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452470934.981149.jpg

:cheesy: Oh yeah, that's gotta be it. You don't like what I have to say so clearly, I'm "smashing a product" in an effort to "protect" a vendor that I work closely with. :crazyeyes:

Yes, but that's only because of the gimmicky design. The question is, does it really need to be a shaft that moves at all? Here's a pic of what your shock could look like if only the top portion moved in and out.

View attachment 181737

As you can see, you would STILL have the SAME amount of vertical travel with or without the bottom shock shaft. :naw:

I see what you mean now. I will pay attention to that when I get out on a trail and see the articulation.

If I cannot max out the shock then t doesn't matter if it has 40" of travel. I will see if I can steal a forklift and give 'er the lift.

Thanks!

Top Bottom