MedixJK build thread

WJCO

Meme King
I honestly dont remember, but its a deep rubbing sound. Sounds like thing alot more stout that that thin metal shield. I can feel it in my seat.

That doesn't sound right. Did you pull the rotor when you did the brakes? If so, pull your ebrake handle 3 or 4 times to reset the shoes and recheck, maybe one is sticking slightly. Other than that make sure your bolts are all tight.

That doesn't sound right. Did you pull the rotor when you did the brakes? If so, pull your ebrake handle 3 or 4 times to reset the shoes and recheck, maybe one is sticking slightly. Other than that make sure your bolts are all tight.
I know right? Its a rub/vibration that only happens at very slow speeds. Slow roll up to about 10 or 15 mph. As soon as i touch the brakes it stops. And as soon as i let off, it starts again. It is directly related to wheel speed, and appears to happen once per revolution.

Add: i never took the rotor off.

WJCO

Meme King
I know right? Its a rub/vibration that only happens at very slow speeds. Slow roll up to about 10 or 15 mph. As soon as i touch the brakes it stops. And as soon as i let off, it starts again. It is directly related to wheel speed, and appears to happen once per revolution.

I'm almost wondering if the new pads are hitting the rust edge on the rotor. If you take the pads off, a shiny spot on the edge will show if the pad edge is rubbing the old rotor surface.

jkwebbie

Could it be wheel weights getting hit on the brake calipers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm almost wondering if the new pads are hitting the rust edge on the rotor. If you take the pads off, a shiny spot on the edge will show if the pad edge is rubbing the old rotor surface.
Ill post up what i find when i get it broke down again.
Could it be wheel weights getting hit on the brake calipers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I wouldnt think so just because it stops immediately if i appky the slightest pressure to the brakes.

So i got a chance to pull the brakes all apart again. I did find the leading edge of one of the pads was worn funny, leading me to believe it was hanging up. I cleaned everything up really good and liberally applied brake lube to every contact point. End result...problem solved. Must have had a bound up pad somewhere.

WJCO

Meme King
So i got a chance to pull the brakes all apart again. I did find the leading edge of one of the pads was worn funny, leading me to believe it was hanging up. I cleaned everything up really good and liberally applied brake lube to every contact point. End result...problem solved. Must have had a bound up pad somewhere.

Sweet. Glad it's fixed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Nothing like being able to figure things out on your own - nice job :thumb:

Nothing like being able to figure things out on your own - nice job :thumb:
Thanks man. I hate to even bring up problems i know i can probably fix, but between work, kids and such, its nice to have some opinions pointing in the right direction. That way when i do have garage time, its not wasted lol.

Finally installed my replacement switchpros system as the other had a design flaw....capped it off with some midnight edition rigid spots to replace the turrible rough country a-pillars i had before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom