Martha the TJ

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
This project will be on hiatus for a bit. With all this corona madness and less income flowing through, I've gotta put into savings and finish my quad build. Gives me plenty of time to clean the shit out of the frame and get it coated but not much beyond that for a bit. Car payment and rent are gonna kick my ass these next two months [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It looks like me being back at work is for good for now, I ordered the poison Spyder front and rear coilover towers as well as the Clayton Offroad front long arm brackets and the rear triangulated 4 link brackets. I'll be stripping the frame starting Monday and I'll get some fresh pictures thrown up here then

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Some quick updates, still with the same dealership group here in Oregon but with all this madness trying to get inventory I left sales back in March and took a position on the used car side of things. Money has been better while still not stellar but enough so I have an excuse to incrementally work on the jeep. I'm hoping to have the frame, suspension, and axles done by the end of the year, all engine and drive train upgrades done by next March, and the body work done by Summer 2022, labor of love for sure and I'm just happy to be working on it again. I know a ton of people struggled this past year and a half, myself included and working on the Jeep helps makes things feel a lot more normal than they are. Kind of an echo chamber with my wave post but glad to be back!

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to get videos uploaded so I can show how I have the frame strung up 🤔, I'm gonna have to edit my videos into landscape or YouTube forces them to be "shorts" instead of an actual damn video. TikTok is a scourge on this world

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Here's the frame on the two engine stands, I'm going to end up flipping the u bolts the other way I think so I can get full rotation on the frame, or just drill holes in a 2x6 and space it just enough so the nuts on the end clear the stand.

I'm trying to get videos uploaded so I can show how I have the frame strung up 🤔, I'm gonna have to edit my videos into landscape or YouTube forces them to be "shorts" instead of an actual damn video. TikTok is a scourge on this world
turn your phone sideways when you record you weird portait mode recorder🤣

I wouldve killed to be able to weld on frame like that, but there was no way in hell i had room for a full body off job. If thats where its at it looks like you're still pretty far along to get it on road.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
turn your phone sideways when you record you weird portait mode recorder🤣

I wouldve killed to be able to weld on frame like that, but there was no way in hell i had room for a full body off job. If thats where its at it looks like you're still pretty far along to get it on road.
I'm realistically looking at late Summer next year to be done. I could do it faster but I'm doing it once so I'm doing it right, trying for perfect welds, perfect paint, perfect everything. I might even end up picking up a new tub since mine has taken some beatings and TJ tubs are dirt cheap around here.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Also, just dipping my toes in the Infirmary again for the chuckle factor, and I do want to emphasize that every YouTube video I link is exclusively just to show progress on my Jeep since the files are too big to upload by themselves, I couldn't care less about the views, just want to be able to share progress effectively 👍

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Couple small updates here, got the suspension brackets on the rear driver side cut off, almost completely ground smooth, takes a hell of a lot longer with a flap disc and a brush wheel but definitely looks a lot better, next is rear passenger side and then marking and cutting for long arm brackets and coilovers towers.

Attachments

• 20210918_140713.jpg
    20210918_140713.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210918_143921.jpg
    20210918_143921.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210918_143910.jpg
    20210918_143910.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210918_140718.jpg
    20210918_140718.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210918_143928.jpg
    20210918_143928.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 8

Elroy231

Couple small updates here, got the suspension brackets on the rear driver side cut off, almost completely ground smooth, takes a hell of a lot longer with a flap disc and a brush wheel but definitely looks a lot better, next is rear passenger side and then marking and cutting for long arm brackets and coilovers towers.
This brings back some great memories. Lol That stage is such a pain.
I've been waiting for this project to move along. Glad you came back and things are moving forward. Im a fan of the Tj truck. Is this still your vision?

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
This brings back some great memories. Lol That stage is such a pain.
I've been waiting for this project to move along. Glad you came back and things are moving forward. Im a fan of the Tj truck. Is this still your vision?
For now that's what I'm rolling with, single cab and I'll figure the bed out down the road

Top Bottom