Making JKU Sport into JKUR

What's your budget? I would say:
Prorock 44
ARB lockers (front and rear)
New gears (depending on tire size)
Rubicon transfer case
Rubicon swaybar disconnect.

And of course the decals if you must. As far as interior I am sure you could come across the seats and what not. This would probably be a little better than a rubi since the prorock is a bigger housing.

Sounds like a lot of trouble to get a rubicon. You can probably get a great deal with a trade in. You could have a rubicon in 2 hours for about the same cost maybe even a little cheaper and half the hassle.

Sounds like a lot of trouble to get a rubicon. You can probably get a great deal with a trade in. You could have a rubicon in 2 hours for about the same cost maybe even a little cheaper and half the hassle.

I try that months ago, I got denied cause of my credit lol, but I'm fixing it and in about 6 to 8 months planing in trading my jeep for a 2014 rubi :) if everything gos according to my plan, but again I'm branks and you never know hahahahah

If you get sway bar disconnects is get the currie anti rocks. For front axle there's the pro rock 44 option or if you have jeep dealer nearby that does conversions etc look for a take off 44 from a rubicon. Also add a rear locker and instead of swapping to a rubicon transfer case go a step further and get an atlas II.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So everyone says buy a Rubi. My 2014 JKU Sport cost me 28k. The 2014 Jku Rubi I was looking at was gonna run me 39k. These jeeps were option for option u-connect, blue tooth, alpine radio and soft top with a automatic trans. So the way I look at it is like this what stuff can I buy for 11k. Well how about pro rock 44(4k), arb locker for the rear(1k), gears for the rear (200 bucks) axles for the rear (3-500), Atlas transfer case(2,500) So now my sport is locked and has better stuff than a rubi all at what 8200 bucks. So with 2800 bucks left over I can do a RE budget lift and 15" steel wheels and 35x12.50 tires. Now I don't know your mechanical abilities but I install everything I buy in my garage.

So everyone says buy a Rubi. My 2014 JKU Sport cost me 28k. The 2014 Jku Rubi I was looking at was gonna run me 39k. These jeeps were option for option u-connect, blue tooth, alpine radio and soft top with a automatic trans. So the way I look at it is like this what stuff can I buy for 11k. Well how about pro rock 44(4k), arb locker for the rear(1k), gears for the rear (200 bucks) axles for the rear (3-500), Atlas transfer case(2,500) So now my sport is locked and has better stuff than a rubi all at what 8200 bucks. So with 2800 bucks left over I can do a RE budget lift and 15" steel wheels and 35x12.50 tires. Now I don't know your mechanical abilities but I install everything I buy in my garage.

I would never put 15" wheels on a 30k jeep, nor a budget boost. but for arguing sake, yes, if we're dealing with all cash money up front a sport would be the "cheaper" route. But I'd add a grand to that front axle and get the loaded axle from northridge for 5 grand. so fo 38k we have a locked, axled, geared, transfer cased jeep. but how many of us ACTUALL bought our jeeps with cash and didn't finance them? Then built our rigs in a one month shot? ...not many. So if I were to go back in time, I would without a doubt buy a rubicon and build it at the same rate I've built my jeep.

You must have never used your edisco to say that. My edisco is probably the best thing I've done and I only have the no limits.

Wow. I had never seen the no limits before. When I initially wrote the op I offered the suggestion under the pretence that the motor was a weak point... but that is awesome. :thumbup: ill be getting this when my edisco motor goes.

2014 JKUR

Complete kit as in....? It just bolts up and I currently have the EVO no limits on there.

Just read about that "NoLimits Manual Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect". That is pretty sweet. What I meant was did you get everything for the Rubi disconnect...everything associated with it. Like the links, control button for interior before you added the EVO system?

I would never put 15" wheels on a 30k jeep, nor a budget boost. but for arguing sake, yes, if we're dealing with all cash money up front a sport would be the "cheaper" route. But I'd add a grand to that front axle and get the loaded axle from northridge for 5 grand. so fo 38k we have a locked, axled, geared, transfer cased jeep. but how many of us ACTUALL bought our jeeps with cash and didn't finance them? Then built our rigs in a one month shot? ...not many. So if I were to go back in time, I would without a doubt buy a rubicon and build it at the same rate I've built my jeep.

I'm glad you brought up financing it's something I forgot to mention. I'm saving over 200 a month on just a payment and another 40 on insurance. So over the life time of my note I'll be saving 14,400 on just a payment and 2,880 on just insurance. So in the end the 17,280 dollars I will save meant more to me than the stock rubicon parts that I would eventually swap out anyway. Again I look at what's it costing me in the end before I look at what do I get right now.

I'm glad you brought up financing it's something I forgot to mention. I'm saving over 200 a month on just a payment and another 40 on insurance. So over the life time of my note I'll be saving 14,400 on just a payment and 2,880 on just insurance. So in the end the 17,280 dollars I will save meant more to me than the stock rubicon parts that I would eventually swap out anyway. Again I look at what's it costing me in the end before I look at what do I get right now.

^This. The hard part however, is that you have to wait for it. Instant gratification is worth a lot, to a lot of people.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

^This. The hard part however, is that you have to wait for it. Instant gratification is worth a lot, to a lot of people.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

That's is 100% correct. I've never understood that whole throwing money down the toilet thing. Now if they plan to do a small lift and that's it then I say rubicon is the best. It's when you get into replacing the drive train that I don't see the value of a rubicon.

I've attaché a pic of my jeep. It's got hand me down side steps from my sister but all in all it looks good to me and I'll be content until I have the money to replace some things

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405523184.223375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405523184.223375.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 92
That's is 100% correct. I've never understood that whole throwing money down the toilet thing. Now if they plan to do a small lift and that's it then I say rubicon is the best. It's when you get into replacing the drive train that I don't see the value of a rubicon.

I've attaché a pic of my jeep. It's got hand me down side steps from my sister but all in all it looks good to me and I'll be content until I have the money to replace some things

That is a great looking jeep! :thumb: I deff agree that if all you want is a small lift to fit 35s, a rubi is better. If you are planning to swap axles, engines, etc personally I think a sport is a better place to start.

Top Bottom