Major Oops in South Korea!

Lane87

So my buddy called me up cuz he decided to go play in the mud in his JK Oscar Mike Edition and got stuck... Come to find out he got stuck the night before and left it... It's well below freezing here and the "mud" filled with water and froze over night... I wasn't able to go help him out cuz my JK is currently being shipped back to the states.. I called up some other friends and they went to help him out.. Long story short after a few hours of using axes to cut the solid ground, and two winches his Oscar Mike was finally free with only a little damage.. Here's a picture of his bent shock and a torn frame rail...

Attachments

• image-2160658666.jpg
    image-2160658666.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 174
  • image-1253674396.jpg
    image-1253674396.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 176

Shaved Ice

I would guess the tires were frozen in place. When you start winching on the frame, something is going to bend. I guess it was the shocks that bent.

Lane87

:cheesy: How in the hell did you manage to tear off the shock mount??

It didn't tear off but the shock strut sure did give... I wasn't there personally but I was receiving live text updates while they were out there. Check out the aftermath!

Attachments

• image-3912104058.jpg
    image-3912104058.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 111

Lane87

I would guess the tires were frozen in place. When you start winching on the frame, something is going to bend. I guess it was the shocks that bent.

You would be correct. They said it was like trying to pull it out of concrete..

denali00

Lane - He was really frozen in the creek!

Luckily I had my take offs laying around for him to replace his shock..

I didn't know about the shock....It wasn't easy, but I finally got him winched out. And Tom said he was a little stuck!:idontknow:

denali00

Everything was frozen!

The guy got stuck on Saturday afternoon and worked until late that night. I got the dall Sunday morning and this is what I found when I got there....Axles, tires, wheels, frame, fuel tank....everything on the right half of the Jeep was frozen solid.

Attachments

• 2013-01-05 10.42.58.jpg
    2013-01-05 10.42.58.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 55

Lane87

I didn't know about the shock....It wasn't easy, but I finally got him winched out. And Tom said he was a little stuck!:idontknow:

Wish I could have come help. He stopped by my house after so I could see the aftermath.

Lane87

The guy got stuck on Saturday afternoon and worked until late that night. I got the dall Sunday morning and this is what I found when I got there....Axles, tires, wheels, frame, fuel tank....everything on the right half of the Jeep was frozen solid.

He's lucky the shock was the only thing that gave.. He could have left an axle in that creek!

Top Bottom