MAINTENANCE : Jeep JK Wrangler Differential Fluid Change Write-Up

Ixion

I haven't tried this yet. Going to this weekend. Kudos to the "instructor". I'm new to Jeep ownership (ok..almost 2 years now) and always get nervous about doing work, but this was spelled out nicely with great quality pictures to show me the way.

Warebear

I haven't tried this yet. Going to this weekend. Kudos to the "instructor". I'm new to Jeep ownership (ok..almost 2 years now) and always get nervous about doing work, but this was spelled out nicely with great quality pictures to show me the way.

Good write-up on a good habit. It’s easy to do, and ensures longevity of your axle. It’s always nerve racking taking apart an expensive jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Merry Christmas everyone! Does anyone know the torque spec on the Dynatrac hardcore ProRock 60 diff bolts? Also what diff sealant has everyone had good luck with. I have always used the Lubelockers on my old 44s!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Merry Christmas everyone! Does anyone know the torque spec on the Dynatrac hardcore ProRock 60 diff bolts? Also what diff sealant has everyone had good luck with. I have always used the Lubelockers on my old 44s!

Permatex Right Stuff is what I would recommend. Comes in a cheese whiz like container. Not cheap but super easy to apply and works better than anything I've ever used in the past. Torque spec should be the same as factory bolts.

enutter

anti spin differential

My window sticker says anti spin rear differential. Do I need the additive or will I be fine with Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 alone?

WJCO

Meme King
But on there's web site if you go see the product list it said to put 4 oz of it .... Confusing

The container itself should say if there are "limited slip additive" or "friction modifier" already in it. If it doesn't say that on the bottle, it likely does not have it.

Bruduc

Hummm just to add a little bit more 😂 most LSD ...

Attachments

• 15275426163944289076345882617692.jpg
    15275426163944289076345882617692.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 163

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I’m doing an engine oil change and axle oil change at the same time, can I drain the engine and axle oils into the same bucket and take it to a recycle place or do they need to be separate for recycling.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m doing an engine oil change and axle oil change at the same time, can I drain the engine and axle oils into the same bucket and take it to a recycle place or do they need to be separate for recycling.

I always just pour both into the same bucket, it’s all oil. I’ve never asked about it, so I don’t know if it’s the right way or not...

BobNH

I put engine and diff oil in same bucket. And trans fluid, and brake fluid. Not sure how bad that is, but I havent seen a sign saying not to. This is for Autozone burn bucket, never seen anyone check my bucket at the recycling center. I put everything into old plastic phosphor buckets with resealable lids. I reuse the burn bucket, but just write "used oil for recyle" on the top when I drop it at the recycle center.
Sorry, I just saw this was posted in the diff change write up, didn't realize before posting all the other recycle stuff.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Did the front d30 and rear d44 on my daughters 13 Sahara and my 14 sport. For hers I still have 1 unopened quart and a little bit of another left out of 4 quarts, did my rear yesterday and it only took about 1 3/4 quarts before it started oozing back out the fill hole, today the front took about 3/4 before oozing back out. I even raised up the opposite end of the axle a little bit to help drain. Does that seem right? I know the write up said more but it oozes back out like it’s full. Am I missing something?

Bierpower

Hooked
Did the front d30 and rear d44 on my daughters 13 Sahara and my 14 sport. For hers I still have 1 unopened quart and a little bit of another left out of 4 quarts, did my rear yesterday and it only took about 1 3/4 quarts before it started oozing back out the fill hole, today the front took about 3/4 before oozing back out. I even raised up the opposite end of the axle a little bit to help drain. Does that seem right? I know the write up said more but it oozes back out like it’s full. Am I missing something?

Non Rubicon should be 2.1 pints (1.05 qts) front and 3.8 pints (1.9 qts) in the rear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom