Made My Teraflext Sway bar links into quick diconnects $50

groovebus

I installed a Teraflex 2" leveling kit in my 2013 JKU Sport. It came with long sway bar links. I just purchased the Teraflex quick disconnect bolts (Part number QD4 on their website; $50 with shipping.) for the lower part of the link. The bolt attaches to the axle. I have some notes that I would like to pass on about the install:

1. Buy 1/2" lock nuts to attach the bolt to the axle. I think they are 1/2" - 20's. Need 2. I had to buy hitch pins as retaining pins. Also, Teraflex recommended lock tight on the quick disconnect bolt threads..
2. You have to remove a bushing inside the lower part of the sway bar link to fight the quick disconnect bolt. I used a slightly larger bolt as a punch and a 10 lbs sledge hammer to slowly tap it out. It was in there pretty tight.
3. grease the bolt and the inside of the link to make it easier to slide in.

I'm going down to San Diego county near the border to hit some trails next weekend, these should make it a lot easier to get on the trails.

Attachments

• SwayBarBefore.jpg
    SwayBarBefore.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 66
  • SwayBarParts.jpg
    SwayBarParts.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 66
  • SwayBarAfter.jpg
    SwayBarAfter.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 66
Hey what trail are you going? Is it the one by otay mesa? if yes where is the entrance I work in otay mesa and never seen the trail

Top Bottom