M38A1 or Early CJ5 Windsield Frame

p38

Caught the Bug
I am looking for either an M38A1 or early CJ5 windshield frame. My Safari Windshield took the brunt of my rollover at Moab; and though we are considering repair, the quickest solution to returning to the road would be a replacement.
All offers will be considered. Thank you

p38

Caught the Bug
So, we need details and pictures of the rollover. Everyone ok?
I'm ok thanks. The rig took a few bumps - it's built like a tank, so not really much damage. Which forum should I post the pictures and details?

p38

Caught the Bug
Didn’t you have a build tread on it? I’d post it there
I wrote up the details and then deleted the post; honestly all it did was get me pissed again about the Monday morning quarter backs when the video was posted on the internet. There are pictures in this month's Four Wheeler - I haven't seen the magazine. If you would like to hear what happened and see the video - PM me and I'll send it to you. You are one of the few people who asked if I was ok - that says a lot about your character and integrity, and I thank you.

p38

Caught the Bug
BTW, I've been informed we are no longer searching for a windshield - there is one in my collection of spares, and the boys are going to build another Safari Windshield.

BTW, I've been informed we are no longer searching for a windshield - there is one in my collection of spares, and the boys are going to build another Safari Windshield.
Glad you’re alright. Also good to hear about the safari windshield being replaced. I was just looking at pictures this weekend of when you originally posted that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - awesome, glad to hear it and glad you and your Jeep are mostly okay :)

FFPulley77

Hooked
Man that sucks… glad you’re ok. Hope you get that thing back up and going again. I enjoyed following the build thread.

p38

Caught the Bug
Man that sucks… glad you’re ok. Hope you get that thing back up and going again. I enjoyed following the build thread.
Thanks. There really wasn't that much damage: not one of the lights on top were broken, and the FLIR survived without a scratch - of course that rack weighs over 300 lbs which might have contributed to the rig going over. Hood and right rear quarter panel had dents which have been repaired. Seats and harnesses have been replaced. The big thing has been the brake system. We found several other fittings had failed and calculations determined the system was too weak for the weight of the vehicle. The entire system has been replaced. I'll post pictures in a build thread.

FFPulley77

Hooked
I wrote up the details and then deleted the post; honestly all it did was get me pissed again about the Monday morning quarter backs when the video was posted on the internet. There are pictures in this month's Four Wheeler - I haven't seen the magazine. If you would like to hear what happened and see the video - PM me and I'll send it to you. You are one of the few people who asked if I was ok - that says a lot about your character and integrity, and I thank you.
Just saw the tumble in the magazine. Looks like it could’ve gone way worse. Again, glad you’re ok.

p38

Caught the Bug
Just saw the tumble in the magazine. Looks like it could’ve gone way worse. Again, glad you’re ok.
Thanks - I appreciate it. So far, all the responses in this forum have been the same - says a lot about the caliber of the members.
The guys are just about done with the brakes, they had to redesign the mounting brackets for the new calipers. When that's done I'll put together a build thread showing the actual damage and the repairs. The overall lack of damage was amazing; none of the lights or FLIR pod on top were damaged, the rack had a couple scratches, top left corner of the windshield - smashed, the hood had a dent, and the right rear corner had a dent. That's it! Nothing flew off or out of the jeep - there was no debris field. Every item I carry in that jeep is either in a secure pouch or strapped down tight. Mac's Straps designed and built a custom set of straps a few years ago to constrain all my gear. The jeep has integrated tie down rails in the back where the straps attach. I had my Simpson 5 point harness so tight, when I was on my side - I didn't have to hold on. The PRP seats absorbed the energy, and the wrap around sides held me in. Kinda sounds like an ad doesn't it? Well, I think those products deserve acknowledgement for doing what they're designed to do - protect me. I'll expand on this when I post a build thread.
Thanks again guys for the kind words.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have an M38A1, it’s painted black, glass in tact.

I go up to Grass Valley often. $100 and it’s yours. It’s what I paid.

Top Bottom