Lucky - a 17 JKU build

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I juts rebuild my ProSteers over the weekend, because I started getting death wobble. Chris (Arrcherr) and I, found a decent amount of play in the balljoints after closer inspection.
Was it as much of a pain in the dick as everyone is saying? Absolutely not. It was time consuming though for sure. The only thing that would make this job a lot easier is a shop press. Or just take all 4 joints out and take em to a machine shop to get the heims pressed. Beating the heims in with a hammer like a barbarian isn’t ideal lol.
All joints came out with ease without any issues. As far as the seals, I had no issue with the glue sticking, just make sure you prep your surfaces correctly, and clamp them on for a little while. By the time you put everything back on the glue should be set, just be mindful how much grease you are pumping in there, a little goes a long way.
With all that said Jeep drives like new again, and $130 for rebuild kits is well worth it. I have no regrets of dropping the money on ProSteers and having the option to rebuild them down the road.

IMG_1530.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I juts rebuild my ProSteers over the weekend, because I started getting death wobble. Chris (Arrcherr) and I, found a decent amount of play in the balljoints after closer inspection.
Was it as much of a pain in the dick as everyone is saying? Absolutely not. It was time consuming though for sure. The only thing that would make this job a lot easier is a shop press. Or just take all 4 joints out and take em to a machine shop to get the heims pressed. Beating the heims in with a hammer like a barbarian isn’t ideal lol.
All joints came out with ease without any issues. As far as the seals, I had no issue with the glue sticking, just make sure you prep your surfaces correctly, and clamp them on for a little while. By the time you put everything back on the glue should be set, just be mindful how much grease you are pumping in there, a little goes a long way.
With all that said Jeep drives like new again, and $130 for rebuild kits is well worth it. I have no regrets of dropping the money on ProSteers and having the option to rebuild them down the road.

View attachment 349692

Nice work Matt and Chris [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

View attachment 349692

Yep pretty much my experience so far with the ProSteers I’ve must of got lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

View attachment 349692

That's great to hear. I've heard so many good things about these ball joints hence why I pulled the trigger so I was surprised to hear the negatives, good to hear your experience. BTW what grease do you use on these. I've been using Lucas heavy duty grease nlgi #2, I'm not really familiar with the different types.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
That's great to hear. I've heard so many good things about these ball joints hence why I pulled the trigger so I was surprised to hear the negatives, good to hear your experience. BTW what grease do you use on these. I've been using Lucas heavy duty grease nlgi #2, I'm not really familiar with the different types.

That’s the grease I use, on everything. The green, heavy duty one.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 349692

How many miles on them?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Find this debris after taking the shaft out. Any issues I should be aware of? Some sort of seal? 20200710_123857.jpg 20200710_123901.jpg 20200710_123913.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That moment when you get everything buttoned up and you didn't position the zerk fitting where you can reach. FML 20200710_161853.jpg

Top Bottom