Lubricant for Rancho 9K adjusters

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
So my Rancho 9000XLs arrived today and the adjustment knobs are quite stiff to turn. Is there a good lubricant to use so they are easier to turn?

I used to have these on my WJ and they were a little stiff new but got worse after 12 months on the road. Hoping to do something now before the get beat up and the bolts seize.

Drunic

I took them off and put lithium grease on the internals, haven't had a problem through 2 winters.

swampdog

I took them off and put lithium grease on the internals, haven't had a problem through 2 winters.

I did the same thing. Rancho will tell you you don't need to do it, but I did it for piece of mind. It doesn't make them any easier to turn, but should help them from seizing. All of my adjusters get difficult to turn at around 6, so then I just grab a smell set of vice grips and they turn like butter.

What you are experiencing is normal...this is my second set of these.

deadguy

I took the adjusters off and put antiseize inside all of the knob holes. Just be careful of the gasket when removing them

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys I was thinking lithium grease but wanted to see what everyone else is using. Like I said they are no tighter than the set I had on the WJ. Might print a little spanner for them

Top Bottom