LS Conversions and State Inspections

Ddays

Hooked
You and these burnout videos lol. I have something for that next week

You just made somebody’s day...

:wings:

Oh man I can’t wait!! Put oil in your wiper fluid reservoir and route the tube to in front of your rear tires, then you can just sit there and push the gas and the smoke button

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man I grew up a teenager in the 70's and went to the drag races most weekends with my friend's dad who bracket raced. Man the shit we saw and the fun we had! :brows:

And these crazy fuckers back then. Quite possibly the coolest thing ever...

fbg10.jpg

images.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Jeep puts the 6.2 snd 6.4 into the Grand Cherokee, so I think they would still qualify.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
The hellcat and 6.4 would qualify for that very reason yes. But not an LS3.

The way emissions certs are for EPA is you submit an emission cert for engine and vehicle type. For normal passenger type vehicles there are three certs: car, light duty truck, and medium duty truck (2500/3500/van, etc). All SUVs pretty much end up falling into the "truck category" on purpose because it is less stringent so the manufacturers ensure it. There are 5 tests to meet a "truck" class and I have to meet 3.

So an LS3 was only ever used in a car. So there is an EPA certs for an LS3 in a car. As soon as you put that engine in a truck it doesn't meet EPA certs. FCA has car and truck certs for the 6.2 and the 6.4 because they put them in both.

This is all EPA based. Most people worry about states only which is cool but just know the EPA can (and lately has) been enforcing things a lot harder. Look at all the diesel aftermarket guys for example.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
The hellcat and 6.4 would qualify for that very reason yes. But not an LS3.

The way emissions certs are for EPA is you submit an emission cert for engine and vehicle type. For normal passenger type vehicles there are three certs: car, light duty truck, and medium duty truck (2500/3500/van, etc). All SUVs pretty much end up falling into the "truck category" on purpose because it is less stringent so the manufacturers ensure it. There are 5 tests to meet a "truck" class and I have to meet 3.

So an LS3 was only ever used in a car. So there is an EPA certs for an LS3 in a car. As soon as you put that engine in a truck it doesn't meet EPA certs. FCA has car and truck certs for the 6.2 and the 6.4 because they put them in both.

This is all EPA based. Most people worry about states only which is cool but just know the EPA can (and lately has) been enforcing things a lot harder. Look at all the diesel aftermarket guys for example.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, makes sense I’ve got a ton to learn on this before I pull the trigger. But I also have some time.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom