Lower Switch Panel Not Working

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So after getting this whole jeep back together I seem to have two issues now. First, my battery dies after a few days of not being run. Nothing is on and I can't seem to figure out what could be drawing it down. But that isn't the immediate question. My whole lower switch panel now no longer works. Flashers don't work. Seat heaters don't work. Traction control switch doesn't work and AC outlet switch doesn't work. I can't seem to figure out why. Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but at this point I'm frustrated and tired of ripping everything apart without a real direction.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Could something got yanked or pinched when pulled the center console? Those are all on a couple different fuses, so something must have gotten pulled. Speaking of fuses, did you check those?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Could something got yanked or pinched when pulled the center console? Those are all on a couple different fuses, so something must have gotten pulled. Speaking of fuses, did you check those?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah. I checked the fuses for the seat heaters and stopped there as that was fine. I figured if they were good wouldn't explain everything on that panel being out. I guess it's possible something got pulled loose just don't really know how as I never had that panel off. Guess I'm going to have to rip that center console out and see though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are you talking the factory panel on the dash or did you add one of the daystar panels by the shifter?

The dash piece just has one plug on it. Might have popped loose when you were pulling your console or something.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
So after getting this whole jeep back together I seem to have two issues now. First, my battery dies after a few days of not being run. Nothing is on and I can't seem to figure out what could be drawing it down. But that isn't the immediate question. My whole lower switch panel now no longer works. Flashers don't work. Seat heaters don't work. Traction control switch doesn't work and AC outlet switch doesn't work. I can't seem to figure out why. Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but at this point I'm frustrated and tired of ripping everything apart without a real direction.

you removed the dash?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Are you talking the factory panel on the dash or did you add one of the daystar panels by the shifter?

The dash piece just has one plug on it. Might have popped loose when you were pulling your console or something.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Factory lower dash. I guess it’s possible that it came loose while pulling the console. It was working before hand.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Ripped the dash apart again. Turns out I’m a damn idiot. The control wires for all those switches were plugged in wrong. There is a blank next to the AC wiring harness that fits the switch plug. Well not remembering where I unplugged it as it was weeks prior I just started reassembling it all and plugged it in the obvious spot. Wrong. Apparently there is another female plug location down lower where this is supposed to go. Ugh

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well at least us was a cheap and easy fix. After seeing the posts this week about the dreaded oil cooler replacement, I thought it was a good idea to shine a light down in there and check mine.

Well, I have another project on my hands.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Well at least us was a cheap and easy fix. After seeing the posts this week about the dreaded oil cooler replacement, I thought it was a good idea to shine a light down in there and check mine.

Well, I have another project on my hands.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Oil cooler? I’m pleading ignorance

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ripped the dash apart again. Turns out I’m a damn idiot. The control wires for all those switches were plugged in wrong. There is a blank next to the AC wiring harness that fits the switch plug. Well not remembering where I unplugged it as it was weeks prior I just started reassembling it all and plugged it in the obvious spot. Wrong. Apparently there is another female plug location down lower where this is supposed to go. Ugh

Sometimes you have to try all the female holes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom