Lost Yeti's Build Thread

Finally finished the wiring for the lights. It's so easy with an sPOD!
Single Row Pods Soldered.jpg
Single Row Pods Soldered In Progress.jpg
Light Up The Day.jpg
Night Time Lit Up.jpg
I still need to mount my rock lights but ugh I'm dreading the wiring for them. I'll try to do that this weekend. I also just bought two Hex Pods from here. They'll be put in the mail tomorrow so I won't have them this weekend sadly otherwise I'd mount them already haha

View attachment 70051
Finally topless! I love living in Texas sometimes lol the weather is iffy but worth the top down weather in February haha

I realized that when i removed my stock rear bumper I kept the little metal tabs on it so I pulled them to use as mounts for my new single row LED pods. I'm just waiting on them to come in so i can pick them up :D I'm hoping I'll get them tomorrow. The following pics are of the mounts. I won't be using those exact U shaped 'hangers' because they'll be too wide for the lights but I just wanted to get a general idea of how the lights will sit. I'm very happy with it :)
View attachment 70052
View attachment 70053
View attachment 70054

Here is what I did with those tabs on mine
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393594808.215999.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393594845.450735.jpg
A buddy cut them out on his computer table cutter thing, can't think of what he calls it

They're awesome and ridiculously affordable. They're only $25 a piece and I'm impressed with teh quality for being at that price. Yes, they're made in Chine but really I don't care...these days most off road stuff is made there and sold here. If you can't find a link, let me know and I'll get it for you (I think I psoted it somewhere in here).

Last edited:
Well started today with the idea of installing my LED rock lights ... ended up wheeling for a good 2 and a half hours at the local spot (Twin buttes Reservoir). I swear to God, these will get installed some time lmao hopefully tomorrow :D

Pics from today. I took a few artsy fartsy ones in front of a empty garage haha
Badass Crawling Edit.jpg
Posing at Twin Buttes Garage.jpg
Posing at Twin Buttes Garage 2.jpg
Edited Posing at Garage.jpg

New winch :D Barricade 9500lb Winch ... I really like it!
Winch Installed 1.jpg
And I soldered together my new 3C2X.com Hex Pods to be mounted to my front bumper. The passenger side is mounted and operational but the drivers side isn't mounted yet cause my drill's battery died on me :( But both lights work off my sPOD so thats good :) Tomorrow once I finish drilling teh hole I'll finish mounting the light. Pics will follow when it's dark.
Soldering 3.jpg

Nothing, I just don't like them. Too big and ugly imo. The ones I want are much much slimmer/thinner. These:
xrc1.jpg

AWESOME RIG!!! Looks great, no doubts

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

AWESOME RIG!!! Looks great, no doubts

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Lol I don't know if you meant that to be at my Jeep or that one but that orange Jeep I posted for reference in an earlier conversation but it is really nice.

I installed my rock lights and finished up my bumper lights today. Can you say, the Lost Yeti is ready for night wheeling?! :D :thumb:My Finished Front Bumper.jpg
All Lights On Inside View.jpg
All Lights On Front Angle.jpg
All Lights On Rear Angle.jpg
Rock Lights.jpg
That's pretty much it for my front bumper and lights. Time to sit on my thumbs and save for 3" lift, Artec truss and gusset kit, chromolly drive shafts, regear, 35's or 37's...the list goes on and on hahahaha

More light pics but ones actually on the trails lol and I installed some under hood LEDs that are really the perfect thing for their job. Not too bright, not too dim.
Crappy Pic Of Hill.jpg
Lighting Up The Trail.jpg
Crappy Pic Of Rearward Facing Lights.jpg
^ My rear facing lights are awesome. It's like having a second set of headlights but on my Jeeps ass lol
Weak Headlights.jpg
^ The weak ass headlights only.
All LEDs On.jpg
^ All my front LEDs on only.
Abandoned - All LEDs On.jpg
Abandoned - All LEDs On Angled.jpg
Under Hood Lights.jpg
^ My new under hood LEDs :D

Cult of Jeep Banner Posing 2.jpg
Cult of Jeep Banner Posing.jpg
Cult of Jeep Fender Posing.jpg
Got new stickers so took poser shots a while back. I thought I posted them here but guess I didn't.
Cleaning & Clean Jeep.jpg
Then this weekend my buddies motor cycle club was doing a car wash so I got her all cleaned and purdy inside and out...then it fricken rained like it wasn't suppose to -_- FML haha

So I'm thinking of doing a frankenstein lift again...

2.5" MetalCloak Dual Rate coils in the front
2" rear coils *Edit: just run rear spacers for now to save money
Zone 2" shocks all around
Brake line extension brackets form metalCloak
Sway Bar end link extensions

Later I'd get taller rear coils of course but will probably wait until I can afford antirock sway bars or something lol no sense in having coils that can flex a shit ton if they are limited so much by the sway bar.

Opinions? Also, I'll be buying 4.56 gears off my buddy when he goes to 4.88s this fall as long as he hasn't destroyed them lol I'm gonna take a huge hit on highway MPG but my city MPG will/should improve so it evens itself out. Sometimes I miss when I was rolling on the ole 225/75/R16s getting 20 MPG highway hahahaha I won't be able to get 35's until next year though when my tires wear out.

Last edited:
Ordered an HID kit last week but it won't get here until late this week. Looking forward to that.

I finally installed my MetalCloak aluminum inner front fenders on Saturday. I needed a friends help to grind a few pieces down so they fit and to help drill holes in my fender since my drill blows. On to the PICS!

Inner Fender Install Grille Off DS WIP 2.jpg
Inner Fender Install Grille Off DS WIP.jpg
Inner Fender Install Grille Off DS Done.jpg
Inner Fender Install PS Work.jpg
Inner Fender Install All Done.jpg

I'm leaving them the raw aluminum for now. When I move off base next month and have a weekend of nothing to do I'll take them off and paint them.

Installed my HID kit tonight :)

Stock: about 15-20 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727070.521878.jpg
Stock: about 30-35 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727105.752607.jpg
Stock: about 10 feet away
Stock 10 Ft Away.jpg

HIDs: about 15-20 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727289.680360.jpg
HIDs: about 30-35 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727209.246672.jpg
HIDs: about 10 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727251.718254.jpg

HIDs: high beams about 15-20 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727373.078679.jpg
HIDs: high beams about 30-40 feet away
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400727471.543851.jpg

As you can see, the high beams are actually lower than the regular pattern. This isn't anything new with these JK headlamps. This is just how they come...gotta love it.....

Last edited:
Thanks! We'll see if I am happy with this HID purchase in the near future but I LOVE ll my LEDs I've put on her :)

*edit: OH and my buddy saw me when I started to leave the parking lot to take pics and he's like "Dude, you got HIDs didn't you?" I said yeah then he said "Dude you're like a mobile sun with all the lights you have on your Jeep now!" THAT'S LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING i WANT MY JEEP TO BE!!! He made my night with that comment hahaha

Haven't logged on in forever...was reminiscing about my old Jeep and logged in to get pics I had on here. I regret trading this thing in for a POS daily.

Good thing is, my daily is already almost paid off now (well like 2 years left anyway) and the wife wants a new JLU when she gets a teaching gig this summer...bummer is, I doubt I'll be able to mod it much hahaha

Was nice to run though the memories of moding this thing...I miss it a lot.

Top Bottom