Lost Yeti's Build Thread

I’m back…and we bought a JLU, finally!

The Air Force has been good to me and my wife’s been killing it (we’ve had 2 kids and she’s killing it at being a teacher) so it’s her daily but I’m gonna mod it of course.

It’s a hydro blue 22 JLU Sport w/ soft top that we ordered from Bluebonnet Jeep in New Braunfels, TX. Already buying some JLU Sahara steps tomorrow for it.

Gonna try to be active around here again! :)B22C63B3-4347-41EE-B481-3C3709CE8B07.jpegBF858F7A-BE75-402B-89A7-8EF2DA58E70A.jpeg5832D63E-6FAA-44BA-AE7C-9ED4F972F898.jpeg

I’m back…and we bought a JLU, finally!

The Air Force has been good to me and my wife’s been killing it (we’ve had 2 kids and she’s killing it at being a teacher) so it’s her daily but I’m gonna mod it of course.

It’s a hydro blue 22 JLU Sport w/ soft top that we ordered from Bluebonnet Jeep in New Braunfels, TX. Already buying some JLU Sahara steps tomorrow for it.

Gonna try to be active around here again! :)View attachment 372123View attachment 372124View attachment 372125
Welcome back and congrats. Good color choice.

Thanks, man.

already picked up the Sahara steps. Eventually if this ever becomes more than a soccer mom jeep I’ll work with a buddy up in Austin to build rock rails w/ steps but for now the OE Sahara steps will be perfect.

I’m going to find some water/weather proof lights to make puddle/step lights. Nothing crazy but a step below actual rock lights lol everything I found on quadratic and extreme terrain were obnoxiously priced for what I want to do so I’ll hit up SuperBrightLED’s site and see what I can do.

Anyone think a write up on that would be useful? I’m sure there’s a bunch of threads on rock lights but maybe not for retrofitting LEDs to the OE side steps/rock rails. I’ll put together my list and go from there. We’ll see if a “how to” gets made or not haha

*edit: Sahara side steps install done. Don’t like the look of those much but they’ll do their job; get my 5 year old and short foot wife in and out of the Jeep. Definitely want to work with my friend I mentioned to build sliders with steps. Would be far better looking if nothing else lmao

Last edited:
Thank you!

Random question for the populous. Will color matched JT flares direct fit to JLUs and is $400 a good price for a full set? Asking for a friend 👀

*edit: nvm, think we’re gonna keep the black flares and maybe hunt for a color match hard top one day.

Last edited:
Buying these! They’re getting delivered tomorrow 🙌
100 miles on them, and I’m getting all 5.

83617635-8EBB-45BC-BE81-CFDCE3640D77.jpg
*edit, they’re stacked in my garage 😎 just gotta put them on! Will take pics and post when I do.

Last edited:
new wheels and tires installed! Lesson learned…air them up while they’re piled up so you don’t have to sit with your little Ryobi hand pump thing in the street at 8 o’clock at night annoying your neighbors 😅
408B27D7-30FA-4EC4-A320-901315C0CB72.jpegD236202A-5E9E-491D-8032-D52A0D3494FC.jpeg
I don’t know if we’ll do anything serious from here for a little while (lift? Bumpers? 33s? On-board air?) but she’s got a nickname: Bluey (as in the kids TV show and cause she’s blue). So if I get into any crazy mods I’ll start a separate build thread for this rig…but for now, I think it’s time to end the Lost Yeti thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom