Loose spongy brake on my jeep

Jld19782

There are some aftermarket brake kits that are much better but the cost is high, and I personally don't think the factory axles are worth the upgrade costs. There are no adjustments you can make unfortunately. You can try a different more agressive brake pad, but I doubt that's going to change your pedal feel, just your stopping distance. Maybe brake swap from a Sahara or Rubicon, they both come with better brakes than the Sport.
Thank you .. I appreciate that advice

Thank you for responding. Yes, it’s felt this way to me since I purchased it. However, I’ve only owned it for a few weeks now. I had a shop inspect it and they told me everything was fine and great. I talked to another man and he told me to put my left foot under the break and push down with my right foot and if I couldn’t touch my left foot it’s probably OK ( I Did this exercise and I could not touch my left foot) All I know Is that it feels spongy and you can hear the pedal go back up when it’s released. I just wish it Could be tighter and more firm lol Seriously though anything that you can suggest will be appreciated very much.
Probably you need to find a better shop. Many shops are staffed by dummies who don't know squat or don't care. Your master cylinder may be going bad. It all starts from there.

Jld19782

Thanks you all do much. I really appreciate all the helpful advice. I think what I’ll do is change out the pads for some Rubicon or Sarah pads and put them on my sport and see if that makes a little bit of a difference at least that’ll be my first step thank you all so much

JimLee

Hooked
Thanks you all do much. I really appreciate all the helpful advice. I think what I’ll do is change out the pads for some Rubicon or Sarah pads and put them on my sport and see if that makes a little bit of a difference at least that’ll be my first step thank you all so much
Different calipers, at least in the front, the Rubicon/Sahara pads won't fit on the Sport front calipers. I'm pretty sure you can find pads that will bite better for the Sport but I never changed mine, so I'm not sure which ones are good. Sorry, when I said swap Rubicon/ Sahara brakes I meant the whole enchilada, not just the pads.

Jld19782

Different calipers, at least in the front, the Rubicon/Sahara pads won't fit on the Sport front calipers. I'm pretty sure you can find pads that will bite better for the Sport but I never changed mine, so I'm not sure which ones are good. Sorry, when I said swap Rubicon/ Sahara brakes I meant the whole enchilada, not just the pads.
Oh I see thank you

Changing pads may provide more grip, but it is unlikely to improve pedal feel/travel or eliminate noise from the master cylinder. It seems like you have a hydraulic issue of some sort.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey there. Like everyone's saying the factory brakes work well, but they don't feel great. If you want to chase down every angle, you do have a 5/6 year old vehicle. Maybe the brake fluid is fried. You can get these test strips from a car parts shop for like $8. You just open the fluid container and dip it in. If it turns a certain color the fluid is bad and should be replaced.

Top Bottom