Looking for a place to get gear done..

yoyoyeo02

So, I am wanting to have some 4.88 thrown into my 2012 JKU Sport and a rear locker. Where is a good place around the Salt Lake City area to go. They have a Fat Bobs in Layton UT and 4wheelparts in SLC. Anyone know of another option or if one would be better than the other. Wanting possibly an Eaton eLocker. And how much should I expect to pay? Thanks in advanced..

YOYO

So, I am wanting to have some 4.88 thrown into my 2012 JKU Sport and a rear locker. Where is a good place around the Salt Lake City area to go. They have a Fat Bobs in Layton UT and 4wheelparts in SLC. Anyone know of another option or if one would be better than the other. Wanting possibly an Eaton eLocker. And how much should I expect to pay? Thanks in advanced..

YOYO

I just got 4.88s put in my jeep by the guys at six states down in Orem. They first quoted me $1500 front and rear. I didn't like that price, so I bought the gear package from Northridge for $600. Took that back to six states and they did the labor for $400 cash. Got my gears professionally installed for one grand even, so I think I did pretty good.

Have you tried Impulse Offroad? John Williams owns it and he is a great guy. I bought a set of wheels from him once and he had very reasonable pricing.

Last edited:
Have not checked with Impulse. Where are they located? Will also look into Orem. Don't mind buying the stuff myself if it will save me a few bones. Orem may be a bit too far depending on price and how long it would take. But thanks, I'll look into both.

To give you an idea on time, I dropped mine off Monday after work, and picked it up on Wednesday before work. But it all probably depends on how busy they are at the time you take your jeep in.

Give Todd a call at Jack-it in SLC. He is an absolutely great guy and will tell you the best way to go. I had them do my lift and I am very happy. Seems to be very competitive on price.

Later,

King Con

Top Bottom