looking at a trade.

No deal. The guy wouldn't budge off of $16k. I told him I wanted it closer to $15k and he didn't come down at all. He said he knew what he had and it was I good price. I said I'm sure he'd sell it...to someone else.

Also, if you're going to build it for wheeling, be careful of getting an 07. Lots of them (all?) have a D35 diff in the rear whereas all of the 08 and above have a D44 in the rear. If you're not going to lift and put larger tires on, not a big deal.

only early 2007 2 door x models had d35 rears. Everything else had D44 rears as far as I know

The D35 was only on a limited number of X and Sahara model two doors in early 2007. They were replaced with the D44's early on.

Yup and even some very early 4doors of all model including Rubi I believe. I don't think that lasted longer than the first few months of production.

I would sell your TJ yourself and start from scratch on the JK hunt. Honestly a 4.0 litre TJ with 56,000 miles seems more desirable than a 139,000 mile JK. Cash out on your TJ then buy a JK if you can.

I would sell your TJ yourself and start from scratch on the JK hunt. Honestly a 4.0 litre TJ with 56,000 miles seems more desirable than a 139,000 mile JK. Cash out on your TJ then buy a JK if you can.

We've discussed that but it's my wife's daily driver, so we couldn't go without a vehicle for her. And a TJ isn't more desirable than a JKU in southern California. :/

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I have a question. I have a 2006 TJ with 56,000 miles on it. My wife and I have been wanting a 4door JK and we found one within our price range. The question is, is it worth it? It's an 07 4door JK Unlimited X, auto, hard top, 139,000 mi for $16,000. Opinions please. I'd be trading my 06 TJ.

I've never dealt with JKs and wondering if 139,000 mi would be an issue anytime soon.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

I'd never get rid of a TJ with 56,000 miles for a 3.8 JK with that many miles that thing is about ready for a motor swap with 139k on it you could get another 200k outta of that TJ that's my opinion it's obviously your decision tho

I'd never get rid of a TJ with 56,000 miles for a 3.8 JK with that many miles that thing is about ready for a motor swap with 139k on it you could get another 200k outta of that TJ that's my opinion it's obviously your decision tho

A motor swap? You really think it won't last much longer than that?

That's makes me sad because I made the deal. We were tired of the size of the TJ and the ride. We got the JKU and we love it. The price may have been high but I couldn't find a better price anywhere else and it was in our price range.

ForumRunner_20140512_215044.png

ForumRunner_20140512_215104.jpg

i agree don't jump out of your low mileage tj to a higher mileage jk

Top Bottom