Longarmwj builds a JKU

longarmwj

Well I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Perks of working at a dealership. Service customer came in to have a Mopar 4 inch lift installed to replace his 2.5 inch lift. In the process I scored a free lift (they were going to scrap it). It's a 2.5 inch spacer lift. Now after doing some research, I found out that it's a Rough Country lift kit, which normally I would avoid like the plague:
IMG_1074.JPG

With it simply being a spacer lift however, I'm not too concerned about it. It came with shock relocation brackets and some swaybar disconnects (not pictured) but in not gonna use the relocation brackets. I'm gonna order a set of Fox or Bilstein shocks for a 2.5 inch lift and run those instead, as well as a frame mount rear track bar relocation bracket. Also I think I'm going to take the wheels and tires off the WJ and put them on the JK. Now as far as wheels and tires for the WJ, y'all will just have to wait and see [emoji12].
IMG_1073.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
lol that looks like the same one I've been running for about 2 and a half years. I assume that they don't salt the roads excessively during winter so you should be fine. :yup:

longarmwj

lol that looks like the same one I've been running for about 2 and a half years. I assume that they don't salt the roads excessively during winter so you should be fine. :yup:

We get salt on the roads maybe once every two years down here. I'm pretty pumped to have some height under this thing finally. I won't be installing it until I can get the shocks and relocation bracket in though :thumb:

longarmwj

In preparation for the 35s going on Friday, I got me a SuperChips Flashpaq. Really cool little toy. I was able to disable the TPMS, set my running lights, and set it so my fog lights stay on with high beams. Super cool device and easy to use too.
IMG_1457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom