LONG CUT to TONOPAH - An Wandering Overland Trip Up to Central Nevada

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looks like a great time out! Gonna have to try that restaurant sometime the menu has some tasty options. Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday Tony!

CalSgt

Hooked
Umm, who's BLACKJACK and how do you dial FOX 4? I'm gonna guess we don't want to be proceeding LOL
20220220122427-22b98b13-me.jpg
Best I can figure is "Blackjack" is a Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) satellite network and the phone number is Nellis AFB

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great time out! Gonna have to try that restaurant sometime the menu has some tasty options. Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday Tony!
It's out of the way but well worth the stop. I should note that they don't open until 5pm and it might be helpful to make reservations being that they've only got like 3 tables. And, if you get there early, there is a nice brewing company next door too :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Best I can figure is "Blackjack" is a Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) satellite network and the phone number is Nellis AFB
No kidding? I figured the number was to Nellis being that we were along the border at that point and I've seen signs warning about it in the past but the Blackjack thing was new.

JAGS

Hooked
Looks like a perfectly awesome trip by all accounts. Thanks for sharing the pics and much belated BDay to Tony!

J&k_Overland

No kidding? I figured the number was to Nellis being that we were along the border at that point and I've seen signs warning about it in the past but the Blackjack thing was new.
The Fox 4 is the frequency designation that the range control call signed “Blackjack” is monitoring
So you don’t end up getting blown up

Top Bottom