LOD Signature stubby questions?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

After a little measuring, I'm sad to report the winch I want (warn poweplant) will not fit in the factory "steel bumper" that comes on the rubiconX/10X/HardRock, so I am in the market for a new front bumper, im tied between the LoD and the Evo, as the jeep is my daily, and I want uniformaty, I'm leaning towards the LoD, but I'm a little confused by the options on their site. My jeep has factory fogs, and I really like the look of the jeep in the pic attached. What do I need to order? I would like to keep my factory fogs if possible, but also what to add the lights on the bumper. Anyone have something like this? I think moby used to have the rock crawler with a similar lighting setup? I have no problem adding the lights later, but what option is needed to keep the factory fogs? Are the fogs in this pic factory? Sorry for all the newb questions. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Forgot to add the pic, sorry for the double post

Attachments

• 1423106124046.jpg
    1423106124046.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 189
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423109303.088874.jpg

I have the stubby just with a different guard. It should already come with the whole and screws required to bolt in your factory fog lights.

And LOD provides a few tabs and mounting holes to attach a variety of lights. You should have to pick any options other than what time of bar you want, if you want the skid plate, and if you want it powder coated.

Picked up a used Hanson. Winch sits on top. Factory fogs fit. No real stinger options but winch guard

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423111758.307019.jpg.

There may be a few better ones on out build thread. Search Clifford

Awesome, thanks guys! Does anyone know how the LoD textured powder coating looks next to the Premium Mopar textured parts? (RubiconX/10X/HardRock rock rails) eventually I will swap out the rear bumper for the matching LoD rear tire carrier for 37 or 40s and the rock rails if necessary, but that's down the road with the lift. (Evo coilovers, maybe the DTD, but don't think I will ever utilize it at this point)

I suggest either calling or PMing (they are a sponser here) LoD and asking them directly. :yup:

I ran the LoD Signature Series shorty front stinger bumper on my '08 with factory fog lights, the one in the pic you posted on the black JK. Instead of mounting with screws like the factory bumper has, it has 4 3/8" bolts and nuts if I recall, that bolt to the inside of the LoD bumper. You would not need to select the option "non-factory fog light kit" if you are using the factory fog lights. If you want the aftermarket fog lights LoD sells instead of your factory fogs you would need that option because the mounts are different.

Aftermarket lights mounted to the top of the bumper in existing holes were on my LoD front bumper. I didn't choose any extra option for that. However I'm not sure what this phrase in the product description means, "Also optional on this bumper is a guard that comes standard with two auxiliary light mounting tabs." Probably best to call LoD or Northridge 4x4 to clarify.

Last edited:
I ran the LoD Signature Series shorty front stinger bumper on my '08 with factory fog lights, the one in the pic you posted on the black JK. Instead of mounting with screws like the factory bumper has, it has 4 3/8" bolts and nuts if I recall, that bolt to the inside of the LoD bumper. You would not need to select the option "non-factory fog light kit" if you are using the factory fog lights. If you the after market fog lights LoD sells instead of your factory fogs you would need that option because the mounts are different.

Aftermarket lights mounted to the top of the bumper in existing holes were on my LoD front bumper. I didn't choose any extra option for that. However I'm not sure what this phrase in the product description means, "Also optional on this bumper is a guard that comes standard with two auxiliary light mounting tabs." Probably best to call LoD or Northridge 4x4 to clarify.

That is perfect! Thank you! I'll shoot them a message, or try to call them during lunch.

Yea I was just on my way into the store when I posted last so oxidant have time. I don't know where to start meaning quality products or customer service, I'll start on the customer service... I called up LoD & spoke to Chris a few times and he knew the products inside & out and answered all my questions/thoughts. I also wanted a larger diameter stinger then what they typically used, no problem at all. LoD is out of Indiana & I'm just outside of Chicago so I asked if I could pick it up to save a little $$& and to see the shop. When I got there everyone was cool and Chris showed me the roof rack they where working on(I went back in late August). As far as the bumper goes I got it in raw format because I have a local powder coating company and I am anal about paint colors matching. All the cuts/welds/bends are amazing. I love it! The only thing I might have screwed up is the spacers that come with the bumper to move it forward are raw metal I didn't realize this until I had the stocker ripped off and ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423269667.636565.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423269731.961995.jpg

Yea I was just on my way into the store when I posted last so oxidant have time. I don't know where to start meaning quality products or customer service, I'll start on the customer service... I called up LoD & spoke to Chris a few times and he knew the products inside & out and answered all my questions/thoughts. I also wanted a larger diameter stinger then what they typically used, no problem at all. LoD is out of Indiana & I'm just outside of Chicago so I asked if I could pick it up to save a little $$& and to see the shop. When I got there everyone was cool and Chris showed me the roof rack they where working on(I went back in late August). As far as the bumper goes I got it in raw format because I have a local powder coating company and I am anal about paint colors matching. All the cuts/welds/bends are amazing. I love it! The only thing I might have screwed up is the spacers that come with the bumper to move it forward are raw metal I didn't realize this until I had the stocker ripped off and

What do you mean by "a larger diameter stinger"? Do you have a pic straight on showing this? I'm interested in what that looks like. Thanks

Yea I was just on my way into the store when I posted last so oxidant have time. I don't know where to start meaning quality products or customer service, I'll start on the customer service... I called up LoD & spoke to Chris a few times and he knew the products inside & out and answered all my questions/thoughts. I also wanted a larger diameter stinger then what they typically used, no problem at all. LoD is out of Indiana & I'm just outside of Chicago so I asked if I could pick it up to save a little $$& and to see the shop. When I got there everyone was cool and Chris showed me the roof rack they where working on(I went back in late August). As far as the bumper goes I got it in raw format because I have a local powder coating company and I am anal about paint colors matching. All the cuts/welds/bends are amazing. I love it! The only thing I might have screwed up is the spacers that come with the bumper to move it forward are raw metal I didn't realize this until I had the stocker ripped off and View attachment 123103View attachment 123104

This is the kind of background that make all of us understand why you like it. Thank you for sharing your experience with LoD. Bumper looks great!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423294987.473177.jpg

Here's my LOD with powerplant. I like the bumper just wish the pad-eyes were as beefy as the poison spyders are on my back bumper.

What do you mean by "a larger diameter stinger"? Do you have a pic straight on showing this? I'm interested in what that looks like. Thanks

The sig shorty comes with a 1.75" OD stinger. I had them install a 2" stinger

Last edited:
Top Bottom