LOD Signature Sliders and my 2023 Wrangler 392

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Finally finished installing the LOD sliders yesterday. I am very happy with the look. While not the best steps they are much better than nothing.

I did have a few issues I thought I would share. On the driver side I had to drill a hole on the inside of the frame rail for the 4 inch bolt. I also had to buy longer bolts for the flag nuts. I didn’t have a drippy weld here that caused this. Once I got the longer bolts the bolt easily engaged with the flag nut. On the passenger side the forward body mount washer was still too close on the inbound side. Ultimately I loosened it a second time and used a pry bar to force it as far to the outbound side as possible while holding the pry bar I re-tightened the nut and the slider would barely slip by. Drilling the forward hole for the 4 inch bolt was very difficult. You have to have an air drill to make these holes. I tried a battery powered right angle drill and that was a non starter. I picked up the air drill at harbor freight for around $70. I will not be painting the crimp at the bottom of the body as most people have. With the blue body it doesnt bother me and IMO i don’t even see it. If the body color was white, painting that area would be required and if you do this I would do the painting right after removing the factory sliders. With me not being a skilled mechanic, this mod took me about 6 hours not including breaks, the trip to the auto parts store and harbor freight. None the less, I am quite proud of being able to do the install myself.

I am planning to remove the bumper and go bumper less once I can 3D print a topper for the license plate where I will mount the license plate lights. I am also considering engine and muffler skid plates. If I do these I would prefer aluminum and will probably pay someone to do this mod as I will need help and would really prefer to do this with a lift.

I want to thank everyone here for the encouragement and advice on my mods. Wayalife is far and away the best JL community on the web.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!

Attachments

• 70820749472__9181E59F-B7E0-4C92-B18A-326411277C1B.jpeg
    70820749472__9181E59F-B7E0-4C92-B18A-326411277C1B.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Finally finished installing the LOD sliders yesterday. I am very happy with the look. While not the best steps they are much better than nothing.

I did have a few issues I thought I would share. On the driver side I had to drill a hole on the inside of the frame rail for the 4 inch bolt. I also had to buy longer bolts for the flag nuts. I didn’t have a drippy weld here that caused this. Once I got the longer bolts the bolt easily engaged with the flag nut. On the passenger side the forward body mount washer was still too close on the inbound side. Ultimately I loosened it a second time and used a pry bar to force it as far to the outbound side as possible while holding the pry bar I re-tightened the nut and the slider would barely slip by. Drilling the forward hole for the 4 inch bolt was very difficult. You have to have an air drill to make these holes. I tried a battery powered right angle drill and that was a non starter. I picked up the air drill at harbor freight for around $70. I will not be painting the crimp at the bottom of the body as most people have. With the blue body it doesnt bother me and IMO i don’t even see it. If the body color was white, painting that area would be required and if you do this I would do the painting right after removing the factory sliders. With me not being a skilled mechanic, this mod took me about 6 hours not including breaks, the trip to the auto parts store and harbor freight. None the less, I am quite proud of being able to do the install myself.

I am planning to remove the bumper and go bumper less once I can 3D print a topper for the license plate where I will mount the license plate lights. I am also considering engine and muffler skid plates. If I do these I would prefer aluminum and will probably pay someone to do this mod as I will need help and would really prefer to do this with a lift.

I want to thank everyone here for the encouragement and advice on my mods. Wayalife is far and away the best JL community on the web.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!
You’ll love those sliders! They look good and can take an absolute beating without deforming.

Top Bottom