LOD Destroyer sliders, save your money

jeeeep

Hooked
they were named correctly, Destroyer.

Did you install the optional mounting bolts?

looks like LOD was aware of the body contact potential, from the instructions:

"For offroad use, we recommend that the Slider Body be in its lowest position possible to provide a greater gap between the Slider Body and the Jeep rocker panel"

DMF

they were named correctly, Destroyer.

Did you install the optional mounting bolts?

looks like LOD was aware of the body contact potential, from the instructions:

"For offroad use, we recommend that the Slider Body be in its lowest position possible to provide a greater gap between the Slider Body and the Jeep rocker panel"
Yeah, the bolts that went into the side of the frame in the front and also bottom of the frame in the back.

waynem

I destroyed a set of the LOD Armor Lite aluminum sliders on the Rubicon last summer. Now have the Destroyers (same mounting brackets so it was an easy swap) but both are simply too close to the rocker panels and if they flex at all they will hit. I believe LOD has started using thicker shims to help with that but its definitely a design issue.

IMG_0505.jpeg IMG_0506.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: DMF

jeeeep

Hooked
Yeah, the bolts that went into the side of the frame in the front and also bottom of the frame in the back.
looking at the install instructions, those steps seem to have pretty good Hz and Lat adjustments.

Wonder if welding that part of it would keep it from flexing into the body.

I've got matching dimples on each side of on my JKU from sliders (y)

I was supposed to have already ordered these sliders! Are there any sliders for the 2-door JL which provide a useful 'step' function, but will withstand normal trail use? I will not be seeking out serious rock crawling but would expect to encounter significant rocks on the trail anyway. So the sliders need to handle some hard bumps such as when dropping off of a rock or shelf.

DMF

looking at the install instructions, those steps seem to have pretty good Hz and Lat adjustments.

Wonder if welding that part of it would keep it from flexing into the body.

I've got matching dimples on each side of on my JKU from sliders (y)
I'll check mine out, maybe I snug them up to close to the body. Will get under the Jeep when the weather gets better (SoCal).

IMO, anything that tight to the tub will dent it. I ditched my stock rubirails. In the process of frame mounted now, and the bottom of my tub is trashed from running the stock rubirails so long.

And medium duty is definitely deceiving. I consider myself a medium duty jeeper, somewhere between my neighbors stock TJ that he drives to work and Mel wade at KOH. I’m right in between there somewhere.

The more I look at the destroyers on the website, they do have a strong “medium-duty” appearance. Definitely seems to be designed as more of a step than a slider.

To be clear, LOD makes great products. Just think they should have wrote “warning, these are not intended for any impact”

Top Bottom