Local facebook groups...

robx251

Caught the Bug
So as I am sure we are all on Facebook to some extent, I was wondering if anyone has come across similar local groups. We have a "Stuck in Maine" group to which I am having a hard time trying to find a person whom I can go help. I find that most of these people needing help are on posted private land and where I am an employee of the state it could seriously jeopardize employment if i get charges with trespassing where i am a member of law enforcement. Plus, I find a lot of them were asking for it..

stuck.jpg
stuck2.jpg
stuck3.jpg
stuck4.jpg

I follow the local groups on facebook just so I dont accidentally run across them. Pretty sure its sponsored by the local dealer so every single one of them has never been down a trail and think that a dirt road is "offroading" and paid extra for the dealership to install a lift kit and big tires on their dana 30s without gears and a big offroad bumper with a warn zeon they dont even know how to hook the controller to. Theres a certain amount of "ooh I just got my first jeep I want to go learn how to use it" that I can handle in one group, an ENTIRE group of idiots is just going to get someone hurt. These are the same guys that are using a highlift jack to rotate tires in their driveway.
I'll go anywhere legal or not to get my buddies out, but all these guys posting "we got stuck on this power line trail (illegal here to be on) with my 2wd s10 by ourselves come save us" Yeah they can learn their lesson with a bill from the local wrecker and ticket for trespassing. Reminds me of that offroad alaska show with all the guys unprepared and trying not to die.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I follow the local groups on facebook just so I dont accidentally run across them. Pretty sure its sponsored by the local dealer so every single one of them has never been down a trail and think that a dirt road is "offroading" and paid extra for the dealership to install a lift kit and big tires on their dana 30s without gears and a big offroad bumper with a warn zeon they dont even know how to hook the controller to. Theres a certain amount of "ooh I just got my first jeep I want to go learn how to use it" that I can handle in one group, an ENTIRE group of idiots is just going to get someone hurt. These are the same guys that are using a highlift jack to rotate tires in their driveway.
I'll go anywhere legal or not to get my buddies out, but all these guys posting "we got stuck on this power line trail (illegal here to be on) with my 2wd s10 by ourselves come save us" Yeah they can learn their lesson with a bill from the local wrecker and ticket for trespassing. Reminds me of that offroad alaska show with all the guys unprepared and trying not to die.

HAHAHA I think i know what show you're talking about.. I do find it interesting some of the stupidity, I get it I was young once, but i had an ATV with a winch.. but come on.. these fools are a bit too much.

Top Bottom