Living UNDER a ROCK and a HARD PLACE

JKFlyer

Just looked through pics...lots of hidden history in this country!! Great to experience through your pics!! Keep em coming!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

kyro

great pics as always guys
its good to see the history of your country and the beautiful country side :clap2:

JKRandall

Awesome pictures taken again of places that one day l can experience to. Just out of curiosity, what kind of camera do you all have because it takes amazing pictures? Thanks in advance.

DA RUNT

That's too cool, love exploring and seeing a piece of American history. You could go to the same place a dozen different times and see something new every trip. Thanks for sharing

Damtall55

Very cool, as always!! One thing though. You didn't venture very far into the mine. Are you scared of the dark Eddie?! ;)

wayne d

Doesn't seen to secret to me, a quick google search turned up GPS location and a Facebook page.
It is a cool place though.

turbineguy

Doesn't seen to secret to me, a quick google search turned up GPS location and a Facebook page.

Yep. I found it on Google Earth pretty easily. Looks like a cool place to visit.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well duh? :naw: since you seemed to have missed it, I purposefully posted information one would need to find this place without actually having to say as much on the internet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I missed that that part. My bad.;)

You think it's funny but really, I wish places like this were MORE secret. The fact that people post up GPS coordinates and/or give detailed instructions on how to get there really sucks as it just makes it easier for the jackoffs to find them, shoot them up, trash them and ultimately burn them down. Think I'm exaggerating? Maybe making this stuff up? Here's a thread of just a handful of places that I have documented that no longer exist...

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...efore-amp-After-Photos&highlight=barker+ranch

Believe me, there are places I know of that I never talk about just because I don't want anymore people knowing about them than there needs to be. I only posted up about this place because there is, as you have so brilliantly pointed out, already so much information about it online. Maybe it's because you're from FL where you don't have places like this to explore but out here, it's kind of an unwritten rule that if you share a place you've been, you DO NOT post up GPS coordinates or directions on how to get there or online.

If you really feel the need to pat yourself on the back for finding out where this place is on google, knock yourself out but, in the future, I'd be grateful if you would please do me a favor and keep that information to yourself. In spite of what you might think, not everyone is as clever as you (I mean this sincerely - you'd be surprised) and it'd be nice to not give them any ideas.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Guess I missed that that part. My bad.;)

Go back to your hole troll. As Wayalife mentioned it's a disgrace that people like you need to point out locations of amazing places like this which allows others to go and trash it with spray paint or burn it down. :asshat:

wayne d

You think it's funny but really, I wish places like this were MORE secret. The fact that people post up GPS coordinates and/or give detailed instructions on how to get there really sucks as it just makes it easier for the jackoffs to find them, shoot them up, trash them and ultimately burn them down. Think I'm exaggerating? Maybe making this stuff up? Here's a thread of just a handful of places that I have documented that no longer exist...

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...efore-amp-After-Photos&highlight=barker+ranch

Believe me, there are places I know of that I never talk about just because I don't want anymore people knowing about them than there needs to be. I only posted up about this place because there is, as you have so brilliantly pointed out, already so much information about it online. Maybe it's because you're from FL where you don't have places like this to explore but out here, it's kind of an unwritten rule that if you share a place you've been, you DO NOT post up GPS coordinates or directions on how to get there or online.

If you really feel the need to pat yourself on the back for finding out where this place is on google, knock yourself out but, in the future, I'd be grateful if you would please do me a favor and keep that information to yourself. In spite of what you might think, not everyone is as clever as you (I mean this sincerely - you'd be surprised) and it'd be nice to not give them any ideas.

Well excuse me. And I do understand about people who would rather trash something like that as opposed to taking only pictures. I was only stating that the info was readily available given that You posted the name of the place.
Not to worry, I won't be back.

wayne d

Go back to your hole troll. As Wayalife mentioned it's a disgrace that people like you need to point out locations of amazing places like this which allows others to go and trash it with spray paint or burn it down. :asshat:

if you go back to the first post Wayalife posted the name of the place. Not me.

Top Bottom