Liven' the Life in Wyoming...

sm31

I found this forum as a result of the amazing youtube footage your group is producing. It's a real privilege to get connected with a group of off-roaders like y'all!

I'm a TX/OK transplant who put down stakes in Casper Wyoming this summer in order to enjoy the lifestyle this place has to offer. We are loving it! Things in WY have been even better than I hoped. My "daily driven" jeep (work is a 3 mile round trip) sees about 20 miles per week outside of trail use & getting to/from the trails... which it see at least weekly and usually less than 20 minutes away. The whole family is having a blast with it...

I'm relatively new to jeeps, having purchased my first (2001 TJ, 4.0L, auto) last February. I love to wrench, and was heavily involved in autocross for years back in the Dallas TX area. The learning curve has been incredibly steep as I continue to sift through the mountains of aftermarket products & information available. About 3 months ago I contacted dpgoffroad & installed a 2.5" OME lift with JKS MML & BL. Very happy with the upgraded ride quality. The jeep I purchased came virtually stock except for a 2" BB and ARB lockers at both ends. The ARB's have presented a bit of a challenge as I explore ways to preserve this pricey little D35 & still upgrade performance. As it stands, I will probably leave the D35 installed and upgrade the axles to a Superior C-clip Eliminator kit... if it is ever available again in my lifetime. :rolleyes2: I'm also limiting myself to 33" tires on this build.

Fortunately, my wife has now developed severe jeep envy, and the Honda Pilot mom-mobile doesn't cut it anymore. I foresee a 4 door JK in our near future. Due to the "education" I've received over the last several months, I hope to purchase a better platform for future upgrades. So, when we finally do get a JK, it will get most of the attention from there on out.

So there ya go... that's my tale. :standing wave:

sm31

Welcome to Wayalife. You definitely picked a great state to settle and "wheel" in. Yee-Haa!!:rock:

You said it! We even have a FREE ORV park just outside town. Nothing to write home about, but it's about 350 acres of fun, and a few challenging areas. It's perfect for when I have to get my "jeep-on" & only have an hour or 2.

Jeeps are so thick in this town that the "wave" thing doesn't happen much. Only the modified jeeps pay any attention...

And it sure isn't crowded when you get into the country. In fact, it's almost too much of a good thing. There is a small off-road club in town so I know there are people hitting the trails, but they are few and far between. I have seen one jeep on the trails I do in nearly 6 months. We have to be as self-sufficient as possible when we head out since cell towers are another rare thing around here. We haven't really met anyone to wheel with yet, so it gets a little spooky sometimes, especially with the family in tow... watching a big mountain lion lope across a large clearing like the other day.

:eek:mg:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the forum!

I have to travel to Casper quite a bit for work. The last time I was in town I saw a nice yellow Jeep with an EVOLUTION sticker on the hood. Unfortunately I was in a crappy rental and it really made me wish I had my Jeep. I usually fly unfortunately!

Cheers! :beer::beer:

sm31

Where in east TX are you from? I graduated from SFA & lived in Tyler for 6 years!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
sm31 said:
Where in east TX are you from? I graduated from SFA & lived in Tyler for 6 years!

I live in Nac. I'm SFA alumni too :beer:

Small world! Glad to meet you.

sm31

I live in Nac. I'm SFA alumni too :beer:

Small world! Glad to meet you.

Holy cow! Never expected that on this forum! We are a "rare breed"... :cool:

I graduated from there with a BS in Micro back in 93. Returned in 96 to work on a MS in Computer Science because I couldn't get enough of the place. Nac is an awesome little town. I'd love to have put down roots there. Rolling around on all that BLM land in my old Ford 4x4 pickup was what gave me a love for offroading. For some reason I detoured into the car thing for more than a decade, but fortunately now I have my head on straight again!

Top Bottom