light bar options/opinions

shortyokc

looking to buy a single row 20" or so but no bigger than 24" light bar but dont want to spend a fortune but skeptical of the ebay light bars. i plan on mounting the light under the hoop on the bumper which is why i want the single row. i am currently looking at the:
rough country 70720 $159
7200 lumens
90 watts
Contains 18, 5 watt high intensity LEDs
30 degree spot beam
IP67 Waterproof rating
Durable die-cast aluminum housing
3 year warranty

any recommendations or suggestions on light bars in this price range or advice on ebay light bar buying experiences. i looked at one on ebay for $115 that was similar but claimed:
LED Power 100W (20pcs*5W high intensity CREE LEDS)
Luminous flux: 9800LM
Color Temperature 6000K
Operating Voltage 10-30V DC
Beam 20° Flood beam+10° Spot beam
Lens material Diecast aluminum housing
Mounting Bracket: Alu firm bracket
Waterproof rate IP 68
Body Color Black
Dimension 23 inch (without the Mounting Bracket:21 inch)
Lens material PC glass
50000+ hours above life time
CE & IP68 certification

i would really like to stay around this price range but no more than $200, i prefer the combo spot/flood since i do trail riding in the dark this time of year with time change

Check out warrior led. They are pretty cheap and they have worked good for me. I have a 50" and a 10"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I have definitely seen plenty of Amazon light bars on Jeeps for way less than what you'll pay for a Rigid and I haven't heard anyone complain about problems yet. Amazon has my vote!

NAUJK

I like my Amazon lights. Cheap and effective

-Nicco

I have definitely seen plenty of Amazon light bars on Jeeps for way less than what you'll pay for a Rigid and I haven't heard anyone complain about problems yet. Amazon has my vote!

My Amazon light bar hasn't failed me yet! Love it looks great works great and is very bright. And didn't break the bank.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

For all those buying from amazon or ebay, any particular brand you'd recommend? Or do I just take the first one I see when I search?

TheNoob

I went with the eBay lights as well.. At $150 I don't stress too much if it were to be stolen.

For all those buying from amazon or ebay, any particular brand you'd recommend? Or do I just take the first one I see when I search?
Look for the best price and hit buy. Lol just make sure the seller has good feedback.

shortyokc

I ended up buying a 20" off ebay for $64, the seller had good feedback. If no one here is having issues no reason to spend $1000 for a name brand for what I'm doing with it. We had a lot of issues here with led lights getting stolen out of parking lots while mall crawling 😊. If I was running the dakar rally it would maybe be different. Thanks for the responses and hopefully soon I'll have pics of install and beam pattern/brightness.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I got my 10" from Texas LED Lightbars. They're assembled in the USA with Cree components from Asia (just like Rigid) and their customer service was great. I ended up calling them because their website is frankly terrible, but I've been really happy with their product. Much much cheaper than bigger name brands and you can always call them direct if you have any issues.

shortyokc

i got my light bar installed i ordered off ebay and decided to follow up with some pictures, comparison of led bar only and headlights only. i had to fab up a bracket to get the lights mounted where i wanted to attach to the bumper mounting tabs. i am very happy with my purchase since i was very skeptical and thanks to everyone that helped me decide..

Attachments

• 20141130_195423.jpg
    20141130_195423.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 186
  • led light bar.jpg
    led light bar.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 193
  • light bar 1.jpg
    light bar 1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 196
  • light bar 2.jpg
    light bar 2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 195

bradyo11

LED Light Experiences

Hey guys

Looking for any experience with different LED light bars. I have had Rigid before and loved them but as you know, they are expensive. I don't mind paying for quality but am curious about some of the other recent offerings I have seen. Specifically the Quadratec branded light bars and those from Rough Country. They have the same look and in some cases more output in regards to lumens.

Who has experience with any of these or others!? How did you wire them and show it off!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bradyo11

LED lightbars

Hey guys

Looking for any experience with different LED light bars. I have had Rigid before and loved them but as you know, they are expensive. I don't mind paying for quality but am curious about some of the other recent offerings I have seen. Specifically the Quadratec branded light bars and those from Rough Country. They have the same look and in some cases more output in regards to lumens.

Who has experience with any of these or others!? How did you wire them and show it off!

Thanks

Top Bottom