Lift kit for my Tj that won't break the bank.

I'm running Rc 3 3 1/2 on my 97 TJ running 35s on it with no rubbing what so ever I only had 500 in it plus running Poison Snyder negative flare fenders with no rear flares I'll post pix later I'm at work right now and don't have pix on my phone I just got it this week

Then you can chuck some 33s under it... they will fit I got a 33.5 under mine, plenty of room. I do have 2 inch wheel spacers as well

How's your ride quality BlackBandit?
And did you have to do anything else to your jeep beside the budget boost and body lift?

Do the JK springs work on a TJ? My uncle wants to lift his TJ and I have my factory rubicon springs off of my JK just setting there as I have been meaning to sell them.

In a similar situation here.

This is what was recommended to me by a few people on another forum. Big plus here is many different coil rates available.

http://dpgoffroad.com/products/old-man-emu-ultimate-tjlj-wrangler-kit/

The other kit I was considering is the JKS 2" JSPEC kit and then add the JKS 1" body lift and motor mounts.

http://jksmfg.com/i-22825500-jspec-2-suspension-system-1997-2006-wrangler-tj.html

The price of the Rough Country 2.5" X kit keeps drawing my attention too.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-611c.html

Last edited:
Bradstj - ride quality is great. Its a jeep so its gunna be a bit stiff. I installed the rough country 2.0 shocks, that is optional of course but i needed new shocks anyways when i did my lift.

There she is flexing. I did get a very small rub on the plastic part of fender but it was barely touching as you can see in the photo i added. Mind you this is a huge ammount of flex that you will most likely never encounter unless your going mountain climbing. But thats the 1 inch hocky puck and the 2 inch budget boost with 33.5ish tires

Attachments

• 1445702452703.jpg
    1445702452703.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 1445702660758.jpg
    1445702660758.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 95
Or go this route :

JKS 1.25" Body Lift
Rokmen 1" Motor Mount Lift
Rokmen Steering Box Skid
Spidertrax Wheel Spacers

Super cheap route, gives you clearance, and money left over in the bank. Find some take off JK stiff springs, and you'll be good to ROCK!

I dig this approach, or use JK 4 door stock coils for 2" of lift. the rear coil needs to be massaged a bit on the bottom aside form that pretty bolt on. and then a 1" body lift.

Good luck! I love low center of gravity jeeps :)

Depends. I personally loved the RC 2.5" coils and the 1" BL setup. I always liked low and droopy jeeps. The spring rate on the RC 2.5 is very soft and does sag with weight and time. However, they do provide the best unsprung length I've ever seen. I sat 71" from ground to windshield with 35s. And 72.5" with 37s.

I was also able to run a 12" shock along with a 14" shock with no issues, the coil never unseated itself. The ride is excellent, as the coils are soft (but mainly the ride will rely on the quality of shock).

Here are some pictures. If you want a lift that will maintain its height do not get RC. Stick with OME or BDS.

35s. 12" 5125s full droop.

35s 12" 5125s ride height. Next to a stock yj

14" fox 2.0s 37s full droop

37s 14" ride height next to a 3" on 33s

nygl very clean TJ! I am running 42's on my TJ with 2" of lift, one inch body to clear Atlas. I have since highlined my hood\fenders so more clearance.

I dig the highline approach, almost free and gives a lot of room without much lift.

nygl very clean TJ! I am running 42's on my TJ with 2" of lift, one inch body to clear Atlas. I have since highlined my hood\fenders so more clearance.

I dig the highline approach, almost free and gives a lot of room without much lift.

Thanks man. Yeah, I hi lined my hilines so I could do 40s on roughly .5" of lift... Hahaha ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446172620.955390.jpg

What's up guys. I need some advice because I am the newbiest of jeep noobs. I have an '03 sport automatic and want to put 2" lift with 33" tires. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it either because it'll be my everyday driver and will only be exposed to light off-roading. What do you guys recommend? Thanks for the help.

What's up guys. I need some advice because I am the newbiest of jeep noobs. I have an '03 sport automatic and want to put 2" lift with 33" tires. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it either because it'll be my everyday driver and will only be exposed to light off-roading. What do you guys recommend? Thanks for the help.

Ended up going with the JKS TJ Jspec 2" lift with a 1" body and engine lift. Looks great with the 33 tires.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452357964.794915.jpg

Top Bottom