Lift Kit and Tire Suggestions

Eg-Ster

I have a 2018 Jeep JL unlimited rubicon with 6 speed manual transmission.

The vehicle is stock and I have only added a steel Mopar front bumper, and I like my factory rims and I would like to keep them.
17 inch 7.5 factory rims.

I live In southern Nevada and get out on trail roads once and a while, nothing crazy and it’s a daily driver. The vehicle will never be a rock crawler, just designated BLM roads and roads like the Mojave Road, just looking to upgarade.

I am considering an AEV 2.5 Dual Sport with the 5100 shocks

Changing the tires to 35/11.50/17 either Toyo/Nitto or Falken Wildpeaks, so the tires stay under the fenders.

If I do this do I need to re-gear the axles? I don’t think so because of the manual transmission , let me know what you think.

Just looking for a little more clearance than the factory 33 BFG’s that came with the Jeep and a little nicer suspension.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to wayalife. No you don’t NEED to re-gear and unless you think you will go bigger than a 37 or 38, it’s still not really Needed.
Give this video a watch and it should help you.

I ran my 16 with manual transmission for six years with 35s it was fine. Or at least good enough to not feel the need to regear.

Chiming in here, would a Rubi JLU with a 3.6L and a 6 speed manual and 4.10s need to regear with 37s?

Chiming in here, would a Rubi JLU with a 3.6L and a 6 speed manual and 4.10s need to regear with 37s?
"need" is objective. You WILL feel power loss with 37's but some find it to be acceptable and others not. I would say install them and decide for yourself.

Top Bottom