Lift Kit and Tire Suggestions

Eg-Ster

I have a 2018 Jeep JL unlimited rubicon with 6 speed manual transmission.

The vehicle is stock and I have only added a steel Mopar front bumper, and I like my factory rims and I would like to keep them.
17 inch 7.5 factory rims.

I live In southern Nevada and get out on trail roads once and a while, nothing crazy and it’s a daily driver. The vehicle will never be a rock crawler, just designated BLM roads and roads like the Mojave Road, just looking to upgarade.

I am considering an AEV 2.5 Dual Sport with the 5100 shocks

Changing the tires to 35/11.50/17 either Toyo/Nitto or Falken Wildpeaks, so the tires stay under the fenders.

If I do this do I need to re-gear the axles? I don’t think so because of the manual transmission , let me know what you think.

Just looking for a little more clearance than the factory 33 BFG’s that came with the Jeep and a little nicer suspension.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to wayalife. No you don’t NEED to re-gear and unless you think you will go bigger than a 37 or 38, it’s still not really Needed.
Give this video a watch and it should help you.

black pearl

Hooked
I ran my 16 with manual transmission for six years with 35s it was fine. Or at least good enough to not feel the need to regear.

TerraJL

Chiming in here, would a Rubi JLU with a 3.6L and a 6 speed manual and 4.10s need to regear with 37s?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Chiming in here, would a Rubi JLU with a 3.6L and a 6 speed manual and 4.10s need to regear with 37s?
"need" is objective. You WILL feel power loss with 37's but some find it to be acceptable and others not. I would say install them and decide for yourself.

Top Bottom