Lift input 2.5; 3.5" 37's

jeeeep

Hooked
I know I may be way overthinking this but with all the little PIA issues that keep popping up with my JKU, I'm looking at lifting the JLU Rubicon and have it ready to take to EJS.

2.5" vs 3.5" lift

I hope to use the STT Pro 37x13.50 currently on my JKU on the JL.

From Eddie's previous 2.5" lift review, the STT Pro's will rub given the width of the tires but will eliminate the immeditate need for driveshafts?

looking for input on your experience with 2.5" and 3.5" lifts.

I was going to go all out with long-arms and coilovers but the reality is I live in Texas and just don't see being able to take regular trips to enjoy long-arms and coilovers.

Now I've thought about it so much I'm in a thought loop and can't decide :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know I may be way overthinking this but with all the little PIA issues that keep popping up with my JKU, I'm looking at lifting the JLU Rubicon and have it ready to take to EJS.

2.5" vs 3.5" lift

I hope to use the STT Pro 37x13.50 currently on my JKU on the JL.

From Eddie's previous 2.5" lift review, the STT Pro's will rub given the width of the tires but will eliminate the immeditate need for driveshafts?

looking for input on your experience with 2.5" and 3.5" lifts.

I was going to go all out with long-arms and coilovers but the reality is I live in Texas and just don't see being able to take regular trips to enjoy long-arms and coilovers.

Now I've thought about it so much I'm in a thought loop and can't decide :doh:

Honestly, I was really happy with the Rancho Sport lift and it cleared 37's with a minimal amount of trimming of the inner fender liner. I would definitely recommend it over something like a Dynatrac lift which is really, better suited for 35's. Their 3.5" lift will yield a LOT of lift and I might not recommend it if only because you'd have to address your driveshafts and by the sound of things, you aren't wanting to do that. I haven't tested out the Synergy lift but that might be a good option to look at as well being that they use Dual Durometer bushings as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
Honestly, I was really happy with the Rancho Sport lift and it cleared 37's with a minimal amount of trimming of the inner fender liner. I would definitely recommend it over something like a Dynatrac lift which is really, better suited for 35's. Their 3.5" lift will yield a LOT of lift and I might not recommend it if only because you'd have to address your driveshafts and by the sound of things, you aren't wanting to do that. I haven't tested out the Synergy lift but that might be a good option to look at as well being that they use Dual Durometer bushings as well.

Driveshafts I'm not opposed to but one less thing to have to do at this point is one less thing to worry about getting it done in time.

If I can get the gremlins out of the JKU issue solved but if not, I want to be able to basically swap tires and go.

Thanks for the input...and cheaper than a JT! :thumb:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Driveshafts I'm not opposed to but one less thing to have to do at this point is one less thing to worry about getting it done in time.

If I can get the gremlins out of the JKU issue solved but if not, I want to be able to basically swap tires and go.

Thanks for the input...and cheaper than a JT! :thumb:

I have said this before here, I have Mopar 2" lift (which actually yielded 3") on my JLU Rubicon, and I off road heavily every month and have yet to rub anything worth saying. NO TRIMMING WHATSOEVER!
If you use the stock rims, you will probably have issues because of the off set. I put on after market rims with 4.5 off set and it is great. You can look at pictures on my profile. Oh...and I use STT Pro's as well

Top Bottom