Lift and Shocks? Need help

Jerry311

Ok 92 YJ

I'm thinking I have a 3-4 inch lift. not 100% sure

It is sitting on 15 inch Wheels and 33 inch tires

But this weekend I was messing around with the shocks because one of the boots was torn.
I pretty sure the Jeep has the wrong shocks.
The shock has a TON of travel down, But if the shock needs to move up it only has about 4 inches maybe 5.

My Question is Whats the correct shock for this thing.

Oh Also Would it be stupid to remove a leaf from the springs to soften up the ride? The jeep rides really stiff.

I will take pictures of the top of the shock tonight to show you what i'm talking about on the (up) travel.

20150717_133743.jpg20150717_113337.jpg00i0i_c0TKbXooV7_600x450.jpg20150717_135452.jpg 20150620_181226.jpg

Last edited:
The uptravel really depends on where you have it bumpstopped at. 4-5" of uptravel sounds normal, but it varies by the rig. You need to measure the ride height and from there see where the tires start rubbing. how ever many inches that is, is your usable uptravel. Even though mine is an LJ, my rear Bilsteins only have about 3-4" of uptravel

Attachments

• YJ Bumpstop WL.jpg
    YJ Bumpstop WL.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
The uptravel really depends on where you have it bumpstopped at. 4-5" of uptravel sounds normal, but it varies by the rig. You need to measure the ride height and from there see where the tires start rubbing. how ever many inches that is, is your usable uptravel. Even though mine is an LJ, my rear Bilsteins only have about 3-4" of uptravel

Right ok That sounds about right.
I'll measure tonight when i get home from work. I might be ok. :clap2:

Top Bottom