Lift advice

Tixslam

I have a 21 JLUR with the Mopar lift. I have since added full length steel bumpers,winch, LOD sliders, skid plate, and a Rusty's tire carrier. I am running 37 inch BFG KM3's on KMC wheels. My baby is heavy. I like everything about my setup except my lift is just going away. I started out with about 2.5"s of lift, I have since sagged to about 1.5" of lift.
My ride is a daily driver and I don't feel I need a 4" lift but I need more than what I have. I am currently looking at a 3.5 Jspec lift by JKS with the heavy springs, recommended by them for heavy bumpers and a 3" lift by Rusty's. I have talked to Rusty and they say their setup is for heavy jeeps as well.
I am looking for anyone having any experience with these lifts and can give some advice.
I don't do extreme crawling, but we enjoy stuff like Moab trails so I need pretty good articulation along with a tolerable street ride.
Thanks

I have JKS springs and can say I'm happy with their ride quality and weight tolerance but their finish on just about everything I've had of theirs has torn away. Just looks crappy after a while. I plan on swapping them to EVO 2.5s or 3s eventually (2.5" JKS currently) but if it's better for your budget the JKS will do the job just fine.

onlyone

I’m running 2.5” JKS HD springs in the front of my diesel and ended up with like 4”. They are really stout but ride very smooth in conjunction with the Rancho 9000XL. I’m a cheap skate and bought these new in the box for little to nothing. I was originally running 2.5” spacers. I’m very happy with them. I think in your case, I would listen to @OverlanderJK and just stick with the Mopar setup and add some spacers to level it out. It’s already done all the sagging it’s going to do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, coil spacers are cheap and they, for the most part, will get you back to where you were before. I personally would start there and if you're still not satisfied with them, you won't have a whole lot of heart burn when replacing them.

Top Bottom