Let me see your 33 inch tires on 2.5” lift

JeepWhealen

Hey guys,

I am trying to choose between 2 separate build orders and wanted your opinion and/or pics of your build. My first option is to replace my stock tires immediately with 33 inch DTs and build out my other mods (bumper, side steps, winch etc...) before getting a 2.5” lift. The other option is to get the lift first in order to jump up to 35’s, which pushes back my other miscellaneous mods further down the road.

Which build order did/would you guys do? And would you mind posting pics of your 33s and 35s with and without a lift so I can see how they look both ways? (I know you can’t run 35s without a lift btw). Thanks for any input and pics!

Btw my baby girl is posted below. IMG_0471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

I am trying to choose between 2 separate build orders and wanted your opinion and/or pics of your build. My first option is to replace my stock tires immediately with 33 inch DTs and build out my other mods (bumper, side steps, winch etc...) before getting a 2.5” lift. The other option is to get the lift first in order to jump up to 35’s, which pushes back my other miscellaneous mods further down the road.

Which build order did/would you guys do? And would you mind posting pics of your 33s and 35s with and without a lift so I can see how they look both ways? (I know you can’t run 35s without a lift btw). Thanks for any input and pics!

Btw my baby girl is posted below. View attachment 290022

WTF, here's my 2 door! IMG_20180116_171429169_HDR.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wethy

I have a 2door as well. But here are some pics from stock to how it sits now atleast for tire reference i know you have a 4door but it might help....

33s no lift
FB_IMG_1503963142006.jpeg

33s with 2.5" coil lift
FB_IMG_1493785612185.jpg

35s with 2.5" coil lift
20170706_175337.jpg

Comparison of 33s vs 35 while changing tires
20170706_170407.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Gee thank you for noticing how big they are! 295/70/17's MasterCraft Courser MXT's. You can fit larger ones on know. I ran around with 255's for the longest with my frankenlift. What's your budget?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wethy

JeepWhealen

I have a 2door as well. But here are some pics from stock to how it sits now atleast for tire reference i know you have a 4door but it might help....

33s no lift
View attachment 290031

33s with 2.5" coil lift
View attachment 290032

35s with 2.5" coil lift
View attachment 290033

Comparison of 33s vs 35 while changing tires
View attachment 290034

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Excellent, thanks for the pics! I like the all black lettering on the tires too. What do you think about 33s vs 35s?

Wethy

Excellent, thanks for the pics! I like the all black lettering on the tires too. What do you think about 33s vs 35s?

Well everyone has their own opinion but mine is this. I think with a 4dr, 35s are the better choice from the get go. I have always thought 33s on a 4dr just dont "look" as big as 33s on a 2dr.

But for me i thought long and hard about what i wanted.i knew i wanted 35s but I took into account mileage per year and how much offroading i actually get to do. When i bought my jeep i was commuting 1000km a week for work and i didnt get to do as much offroading as i hoped. So i knew the logical choice was 33s and thats what i did. I never had issues with my duratracs on or offroad. They have over 100,000KM on them. i am actually using them as winter tires to prolong the life of my 35s. But i can safely say ill never have tires smaller than 35" after my 33s wear out.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
35’s, Rancho 2” Springs and RS9000’s, stock flares.

IMG_3947.JPG

I also have posted pics of the same vehicle with trimmed flares and Fishbone flats.

Top Bottom