Let’s see your 37’s on your JKU

wjtstudios

Hooked
Gettin excited now.

So how has living with 40's been vs the 37's. You've got some mileage on them now, right?

I’m just under 500 miles now. Honestly, I’ve learned a ton between the two setups and have the new setup dialed in way better than my previous setup. It drives levels better than it did on 37s. Before my caster was a little light because I had to favor the pinion angle to minimize vibration making it a bit flighty, now I’m not worried about that with the locking front hub as much and set the castor exactly how I want it is it steers better than it ever did. I also adjusted the stops to maximize my turning radius and there too, it is better than my previous setup.

The Nittos, I think, are the best tires I ever put under a Jeep. I’ve never balanced them. I have no vibrations at cruise at 80 and she’s turning about 3200 RPM. It’s never done that, since the day I picked it up from AEV.

Gas mileage has been holding at 12.8 mpg. Not far off where I was with the previous set up.

The only issues/adjustments I need to make are adding a bit more bump stop up front, I’m just into my fenders at full stuff. If I’m moving fast and hit it hard, I’m worried it may cause body damage with the nemesis fenders. And I want to push the rear axle back about 1/2”. I have about and 1/8 clearance between my tire and my rock rail and all kinds of room in the back of the well.

Honestly, I could not be happier with the set up. Next, for me, is the suspension which will take it to a whole new level.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
bNhMgUM.jpg

Incredible looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I’m just under 500 miles now. Honestly, I’ve learned a ton between the two setups and have the new setup dialed in way better than my previous setup. It drives levels better than it did on 37s. Before my caster was a little light because I had to favor the pinion angle to minimize vibration making it a bit flighty, now I’m not worried about that with the locking front hub as much and set the castor exactly how I want it is it steers better than it ever did. I also adjusted the stops to maximize my turning radius and there too, it is better than my previous setup.

The Nittos, I think, are the best tires I ever put under a Jeep. I’ve never balanced them. I have no vibrations at cruise at 80 and she’s turning about 3200 RPM. It’s never done that, since the day I picked it up from AEV.

Gas mileage has been holding at 12.8 mpg. Not far off where I was with the previous set up.

The only issues/adjustments I need to make are adding a bit more bump stop up front, I’m just into my fenders at full stuff. If I’m moving fast and hit it hard, I’m worried it may cause body damage with the nemesis fenders. And I want to push the rear axle back about 1/2”. I have about and 1/8 clearance between my tire and my rock rail and all kinds of room in the back of the well.

Honestly, I could not be happier with the set up. Next, for me, is the suspension which will take it to a whole new level.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thats awesome. Can;t wait to get mine on th eroad.

You sure you don’t want to let those Chamber Pros go? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ummmm, nope! :bleh:
Those are gonna go on the JL :brows:

Ddays

Hooked
Looks good all shined up. Ready for a great before and after photos.

So, Badger finally gets some of the table scraps he's been waiting for 👍

LOL, yeah, soon. I still haven't decided on a lift yet. Gotta see what scraps are available after Gruff's out of the shop :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom