LED upgrade, now throwing codes

rich67

Caught the Bug
A week ago I replaced the stock headlights with some 7” Rough Country LEDs. All was fine for a week, but recently I have started throwing codes. It does nothing to the headlight performance; they work just fine.
The codes are:
B1638 right hi beam circuit high
B1634 left hi beam high
B162C left low beam high
B1630 right low beam high
No other LED mods, running an Optima yellow top that’s a year old, and the LED adapter harnesses are all from Rough Country and came with the lights.
I have reset the codes twice with my Flashcal, but they keep coming back. Any fixes for this? Or am I doomed to a permanent CEL??

Dale72

Hooked
A week ago I replaced the stock headlights with some 7” Rough Country LEDs. All was fine for a week, but recently I have started throwing codes. It does nothing to the headlight performance; they work just fine.
The codes are:
B1638 right hi beam circuit high
B1634 left hi beam high
B162C left low beam high
B1630 right low beam high
No other LED mods, running an Optima yellow top that’s a year old, and the LED adapter harnesses are all from Rough Country and came with the lights.
I have reset the codes twice with my Flashcal, but they keep coming back. Any fixes for this? Or am I doomed to a permanent CEL??
You are going to have to take it to the dealer to have the flash the ecm then

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I think the J SCAN app has a setting for LED lights. I still have stock so I’ve never messed with it.

Dale72

Hooked
I think the J SCAN app has a setting for LED lights. I still have stock so I’ve never messed with it.
All of them have a setting for the LEDS but it's not taking. Everyone around me that has upgraded to LED lights still had to go to the dealer it didn't matter what scan they used

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They will be permanent but they shouldn’t be throwing a CEL since they are not powertrain related. You sure you don’t have something else going on and that’s why the CEL?

rich67

Caught the Bug
They will be permanent but they shouldn’t be throwing a CEL since they are not powertrain related. You sure you don’t have something else going on and that’s why the CEL?
Hmmmm…so I also see that I have a small evap leak code as well. GASCAP error showed up a couple days ago and apparently after clearing it twice it’s still there… now I guess I have another issue. 🤦‍♂️

Trunkmonkey

I’ve been running KC HiLites on my ‘12 JKU for over 5 yrs and get the same error codes but they don’t cause any problems. 🤔

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Hmmmm…so I also see that I have a small evap leak code as well. GASCAP error showed up a couple days ago and apparently after clearing it twice it’s still there… now I guess I have another issue. 🤦‍♂️
OK this is weird. I am getting the exact same codes. Started with getting a left front blinker out dash warning (rapid blinker but it lit up). It would go back to normal on it's own. Then I got small Evac leak CEL. I checked the gas cap felt like I didn't turn to the click. Cleaned up the seal with some silicone lube today when CEL EVAC came back.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
You can get anti flicker drives off Amazon. I’ve been full LED around 5 years now and put them on all but my headlights which came with them already in the mount. Didn’t have to recalibrate anything and have been trouble free. I don’t remember what I paid for them. What I don’t like about them is they add to the wiring so you have to find ways to tuck the wiring away. If you’re not going with top brands head, tail, fog and blinkers (lights which run off the vehicle computer/fuse box) you’d want to get these. And unfortunately, Rough Country would be a brand that I would install the anti flickers on.

Top Bottom