Last straw, anybody feeling the same?

So I have 2012 jku sport with 28k miles on it, A 3.5" lift and 35's. Other than that, it's basically stock. So far, I've had my cylinder head replaced, engine fan seize, an 02 sensor replacement, a leaky roof, my transmission doesn't feel right, and now the check engine light is on again with the same 02 sensor code as before, a problem with the vacuum pump, and 2 electrical problem codes. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this many issues on a single jeep or if this is common and others don't mind it but being that my jeep is only getting older, are the problems going to continue to add up? I love my jeep and everything the jeep represents throughout history and the great jeep people I've been able to meet over the last year and a half but I'm kind of sick of the issues they have...

That sucks!

I do not think anyone here would blame you for feeling let down by the Jeep brand with that list of issues. It does seem like you may have gotten a lemon from the manufacturer. What you are going through is part of the reason I changed brands for a few years, owned a few Land Rovers and a Range Rover, but then came back to Jeep once the JK Unlimiteds had been out for a few years. I wish there was a silver bullet cure for your jeep :doh:

I agree ^^ sound like you have a lemon. Look into the lemon laws and see if you can get a new jeep. That or sell it and get a new one! :D On the leaky roof though check your seals and make sure their lined up...

Damn!

damn man im sorry to hear about all of this. all i can say is i hope that is all figured out and none of this comes back anytime soon for you. if it does i hope they fix it for good and dont charge you because they put out a lemon. best of luck that its all better!

I do not think anyone here would blame you for feeling let down by the Jeep brand with that list of issues. It does seem like you may have gotten a lemon from the manufacturer. What you are going through is part of the reason I changed brands for a few years, owned a few Land Rovers and a Range Rover, but then came back to Jeep once the JK Unlimiteds had been out for a few years. I wish there was a silver bullet cure for your jeep :doh:

I wish there was a cure, I have also thought that mine may be a lemon but it hasn't had the same problem twice or three times (except the 02 sensor) i would absolutely hate to get rid of my jeep and probably miss it everyday but jeep really needs to start putting out quality products again..

I agree ^^ sound like you have a lemon. Look into the lemon laws and see if you can get a new jeep. That or sell it and get a new one! :D On the leaky roof though check your seals and make sure their lined up...

I will look into lemon laws more but I believe it's a specific problem 3 times and it's considered a lemon.. Could be wrong though. I wouldn't mind a new 2 door rubicon in one of the nice new colors but I'm worried the same problems will be there.

damn man im sorry to hear about all of this. all i can say is i hope that is all figured out and none of this comes back anytime soon for you. if it does i hope they fix it for good and dont charge you because they put out a lemon. best of luck that its all better!

Thank you, I hope it could all be figured out as well, it just sucks that it's in the shop so much... Especially over thanksgiving week when I planned to do some wheeling with family and friends. The worst part for me was when my check engine light came on at the top of Santiago peak, 6k feet up with 12+ off road miles to travel before a main road at 10pm. It's just scary to think it could get me stranded in a remote area without help

Damn sorry to hear about all the problems. I have been lucky with only a leaking soft top which I replaced on my own since I dont like to deal with dealers unless I have to.

Damn sorry to hear about all the problems. I have been lucky with only a leaking soft top which I replaced on my own since I dont like to deal with dealers unless I have to.

Damn that seems pretty fortunate to only have a leaking soft top. My hardtop had a leak and the dealer fixed it, but they left a white drip stain on my inner door. (I'd assume from the glue or product they use)

in the year and 19000 miles that I owned my 2013 jku I did not have a single issue, I liked it so much I sold it and bought a 2014 jkur. I hope this one is as good.

in the year and 19000 miles that I owned my 2013 jku I did not have a single issue, I liked it so much I sold it and bought a 2014 jkur. I hope this one is as good.

What was your reason for going from a 2013 to a 2014? Just wanted a rubicon or more than that?

What was your reason for going from a 2013 to a 2014? Just wanted a rubicon or more than that?

It started out as just wanting to go from 3.21 gearing to 4.10's and also swapping out the transfer case to the 4 to 1 and by the time I did those two things I was not that far off money wise to just getting the rubicon. I also had manual windows and door locks and my wife was really wanting power windows and locks. When I first bought my 13 jku I thought I would be ok with 3.21's and 33" tires and I was until I started off roading a bit more and then I realized I had made a mistake. It was however 100% trouble free which I know is rare for a Chrysler product.

It started out as just wanting to go from 3.21 gearing to 4.10's and also swapping out the transfer case to the 4 to 1 and by the time I did those two things I was not that far off money wise to just getting the rubicon. I also had manual windows and door locks and my wife was really wanting power windows and locks. When I first bought my 13 jku I thought I would be ok with 3.21's and 33" tires and I was until I started off roading a bit more and then I realized I had made a mistake. It was however 100% trouble free which I know is rare for a Chrysler product.

Gotcha, I'm running 35's with 3.21's in my jeep and yeah, I wish I had new gears. I'm thinking about a possible change to a new or slightly used 2 door rubicon for the off the shelf capability since I won't have much money for mods. I was thinking manual locks and roll up windows would be ok on a 2 door and would make the jeep less prone to breaks in the future. I also love the new colors they came out with (granite, the silver metallic, and anvil) I will have to look into it a bit more. So you would say upgrading to a rubicon is worth it over a sport or other non rubicon?

3k on my 14 and so far she is as good as they come!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

That's probably because you have a secret squirrel underground network to send messages for you... I'm beginning to think my jeep may just be a lemon... I was gathering all my jeep service papers and found some with more problems i had forgotten about

That's probably because you have a secret squirrel underground network to send messages for you... I'm beginning to think my jeep may just be a lemon... I was gathering all my jeep service papers and found some with more problems i had forgotten about

Shhh! The squirrels are a secret! You probably did get a lemon.... th 12s were the first year the 3.6 and the JK were integrated... so especislly an early 12 would be LOADED with 1st gen errors. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for you that the dealer is fixing for you and fixing right the first time!!! Good luck and I hope you don't give up on Jeeps!

I had 30k or so on my '09 when I sold it. Other than a gascap light that was fixed under warranty (bad EVAP connection), I had no problems and my hard top never leaked.

I swear with Chrysler you either get a gem or you get a lemon. My Jeep was a gem and I was sad to see it go.

Not sure about the 2012's, brand new model/engine years always make me nervous.

Shhh! The squirrels are a secret! You probably did get a lemon.... th 12s were the first year the 3.6 and the JK were integrated... so especislly an early 12 would be LOADED with 1st gen errors. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for you that the dealer is fixing for you and fixing right the first time!!! Good luck and I hope you don't give up on Jeeps!

Yes, as I am thinking the same thing. I'd hope they would have it figured out a bit more after a few years of the 3.6. I think I have too much of an addiction for anything jeep related to give it up right now

Doesn't it have to have the same issue three times to be classified as a lemon? Seems like the same issues others are having. Your headlight issue can be fixed, that was already addressed.

Doesn't it have to have the same issue three times to be classified as a lemon? Seems like the same issues others are having. Your headlight issue can be fixed, that was already addressed.

I believe you are correct, I have not had the same problem 3 times yet, the 02 sensor is on it's second time. I have just had a lot of issues with the entire jeep, not one specific area of it. It's been in for service 6 times, about to be 7 and each visit has been for multiple different things. Over the course of the year and a half I have owned It, my jeep is in the shop an average of every 4 months and it sits there for several days waiting on parts.

I believe you are correct, I have not had the same problem 3 times yet, the 02 sensor is on it's second time. I have just had a lot of issues with the entire jeep, not one specific area of it. It's been in for service 6 times, about to be 7 and each visit has been for multiple different things. Over the course of the year and a half I have owned It, my jeep is in the shop an average of every 4 months and it sits there for several days waiting on parts.

On the brightside.... your jeep keeps getting newer and newer every 4 months!

Top Bottom