Las Vegas wayalifers beware

jkpete

Last night some asshat stole all the gas out of my 2013 hour. The bad thing is is they drilled two holes in the gas tank to get it!!! When the police showed up they said I was the 4th jeep in the area to get hit! Only newer jeeps are getting hit. Just want to let you guys know. I'll post some pics tomorrow morning.

This has been common around Phoenix in apartment building parking lots and other place jeeps are left out overnight. Easy to access the fuel tank because of the height of the vehicle. Sucks, and sorry to hear it happened to you.

This is common with commercial vehicles and high profiles such as trucks and Jeeps in So Cal. Beware folks.

my office is in los Alamitos ca. They haven't taken gas but are cutting off Catalytic Converters off cars in our parking lot. One jeep. One Toyota 4 runner and 1 honda element. So far. Police said high cars easier access

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

There were some cases a while back here in MO also. They were drilling holes in fuel tanks on dealer lots. Shitty thing is that most of the vehicles only have a 1/8 to 1/4 tank of fuel.

Last night some asshat stole all the gas out of my 2013 hour. The bad thing is is they drilled two holes in the gas tank to get it!!! When the police showed up they said I was the 4th jeep in the area to get hit! Only newer jeeps are getting hit. Just want to let you guys know. I'll post some pics tomorrow morning.

Pete, that sucks, sorry to hear this, I'm paranoid enough parking my rig outside at work during the day when I can see it from my window. i know it's not convenient but let me know, you can always park your JK in our garage if needed.

Pete, that sucks, sorry to hear this, I'm paranoid enough parking my rig outside at work during the day when I can see it from my window. i know it's not convenient but let me know, you can always park your JK in our garage if needed.

Thanks for the offer. I'm ordering surveillance equipment tonight. I know it won't stop it from happening again but maybe we will see the person and get them caught if they do try again. I just need to get my rv acess built so I can park it back there when I'm not using it.

Easy fix, spray a nice layer of "strike anywhere" match coating on the exterior of the tank.

(Wait, that might not be fun in the rocks)

People seriously suck.

We were having this problem ten years ago with any car in my work parking lot on Cheyenne near MLK. When we had to work out of town they expected us to leave our cars all week. They would punch a hole get what they could and let the rest run on the ground.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

I lived in Phoenix in 2007 when the economy rolled off the table. Gas theft was fairly common. A locking gas cap didn't mean "jack". My wife drove a van with an easily accessible tank in a company van pool. One evening, on the way home, she ran out of fuel about a block from work. The "unsubs" (I love that word) punched a hole in the tank and made off with plenty of fuel for their Prius. :twocents:I think this type of theft is a function of the price of gas and general economic conditions.:twocents: A big ass pit bull in the back seat of your topless JK is way better than a security system.:yup:

Top Bottom