Lahaina is gone! 😔

benatc1

Hooked
In all seriousness though, this is terrible, just shows the power of nature. We were there back in January and while out vacation was ruined for another reason this really was a beautiful place.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In all seriousness though, this is terrible, just shows the power of nature. We were there back in January and while out vacation was ruined for another reason this really was a beautiful place.
I heard the story. Pretty wild. Guess that’s what happens when you try and escape the kids lol

Brute

Hooked
I was working on a film project filming deep offshore sites with black coral (actually shallow for black coral, deep for divers) and slept on a boat for week in Lahaina harbor. I bought my first pair of Maui Jim sunglasses from the original store there...this was 35 years ago...

TheGrendel

horrible stuff. a guy on another forum i'm apart of has had a family place in Maui for decades. he said the biggest issue going forward is going to be homelessness and the accompanying crime. it was already becoming a big problem. now its going to skyrocket. people have lost everything. homes, businesses, support jobs. they won't want to leave because their families have been there for generations. the cost and time it takes to build anything on the islands will keep them from being able to rebuild. would be devastating anywhere. but, the island multiplies the effects. :cry:

Top Bottom