Kyburz Flat & Wheeler Sheep Camp - Last Run B4 Selling It

I just love the Wheeler Sheep Camp out on Kyburz Flat. On weekday's I often find that I am the only rig out there.

Here are pics from my final trail ride in this rig as I will be moving to the Bay Area & need to sell it due to I have nowhere to park a second vehicle.

It's going to be hard to let her go. :( Kyburz Flat - Sheep Camp - 073543 (2).jpg Kyburz Flat - Sheep Camp - 073839 (2).jpg Kyburz Flat - Sheep Camp - 072222 (2).jpg Kyburz Flat - Sheep Camp - 092846 (2).jpg Kyburz Flat - Sheep Camp - 084421 (2).jpg

Looks beautiful. Sorry you’re moving to that shithole.
Yeah, the Bay is a challenge. However, I will be in Marin & close to an exit out towards Point Reyes Station. I'd keep it if I had a second parking spot. Lot's of logging roads up the northern coast.

I want to list it for sale here on Wayalife but I'm not sure if I have been active enough to allow a for sale post in the For Sale threads.

Looks beautiful. Sorry you’re moving to that shithole.
Here's my old JEEP right off the boat when I moved back to the Bay from Maui in 2012. You may have seen my Maui thread.

IMG_1440 (4).jpg

Rent a storage unit to park your Jeep in.
If I could afford it, I would. With today's fuel costs I have to keep my economy car. I'd rather sell it & keep the JEEP but, as we all know, the fuel efficiency is lacking & I just can't afford to make it my daily in the Bay Area.

It seems like madness to sell such a sweet Jeep, and to earn such a piddling amount compared with the extreme cost of living in the bay area. You will never get it back. Lost forever. Much better to keep it in storage, far away, nearer where you would like to be driving it. Then go drive it every few weeks.

It seems like madness to sell such a sweet Jeep, and to earn such a piddling amount compared with the extreme cost of living in the bay area. You will never get it back. Lost forever. Much better to keep it in storage, far away, nearer where you would like to be driving it. Then go drive it every few weeks.
GOOD NEWS! I found a friend who will let me park it along the side of his house! It will be miles away but won't have to pay for storage, just CA Registration which I can handle. Storage costs would have been hundreds a month!

I do have one JEEP part to sell that doesn't fit a TJ but a JK and I'm not sure if I have been active enough here to post it in the For Sale threads. It's an underseat lockbox that came with this JEEP brand new in the box. I'm getting no hits on craigslist. I guess I could try listing it and see what happens. :unsure:

Last edited:
Oh well, I have the "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." message at the bottom of the For Sale thread still. I guess since I'm no longer selling the JEEP, I will have to take it out on the trail this week, take pics, and do some more show & tell activity here at Wayalife before I move away from the Sierra's! :D

GOOD NEWS! I found a friend who will let me park it along the side of his house! It will be miles away but won't have to pay for storage, just CA Registration which I can handle. Storage costs would have been hundreds a month!
Hopefully the odometer won't go up too quickly while it is at your friend's house for "storage". 😄

Top Bottom