KEEP IT TIGHT : JK-Experience Teaser Clip - Winching out of Carnage Canyon BV

WJCO

Meme King
Last weekend, I was taking to a friend about Carnage Canyon and being that this is a Throwback Thursday, I thought it would be fun to give this old video clip a bump. I still can't believe it took us 4 hours to cross less than a mile of trail and that only 3 of the 5 Jeeps that started it with us was actually able to finish it. Of course, with the exception of the v-notch and final climb out, we pretty much had to run the whole trail by ourselves and that didn't help us much. Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen it, this is a clip of Cindy winching and wheeling her way up the final climb in Moby who, back then was still running a 3.8L motor and a 6-speed manual transmission! :crazyeyes:

After seeing this location in person today, I have a new level of respect for you guys. This is crazy fucking shit.

DSC02520.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

DSC02521.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Wow
This is bad ass
Cindy nailed it with a help of a good friends and Moby looks so young [emoji41][emoji41][emoji106][emoji106]
Doug, did you just see it or try it [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After seeing this location in person today, I have a new level of respect for you guys. This is crazy fucking shit.

LOL - yeah, it's the real deal. I take it you ran Chinaman Gulch?

Wow
This is bad ass
Cindy nailed it with a help of a good friends and Moby looks so young [emoji41][emoji41][emoji106][emoji106]

Crazy to see this really old video. Moby sure looked good with 40x15.50's :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
LOL - yeah, it's the real deal. I take it you ran Chinaman Gulch?

We did. That in itself was crazy enough.

But being present in person to see the spot where you and Cindy took Moby up Carnage Canyon was pretty surreal. Your video captured enough, but in person seeing these ledges was intense shit. Really mind blowing that someone at some point would say 'This looks like a good spot for a trail. Let's add some winch anchors to these big ass fucking rocks and see who agrees with us....'

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We did. That in itself was crazy enough.

But being present in person to see the spot where you and Cindy took Moby up Carnage Canyon was pretty surreal. Your video captured enough, but in person seeing these ledges was intense shit. Really mind blowing that someone at some point would say 'This looks like a good spot for a trail. Let's add some winch anchors to these big ass fucking rocks and see who agrees with us....'

A camera really could never do it justice. You really have to see it for yourself to know what it's like. Crazy thing is, everything leading up to that last climb out is plenty hard all in its own right.

Hope you had fun out on the trail. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't any snow. Everything up in my neck of the woods is still all white. Anyway, I hope to see pics soon :)

WJCO

Meme King
Hope you had fun out on the trail. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't any snow. Everything up in my neck of the woods is still all white. Anyway, I hope to see pics soon :)

There was zero snow, but I bet last week there was. But the peaks were covered; beautiful. There's some trail pics in the Denver meetup thread.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
There was last week.
A friend ran it (topless) and it was dumping and sticking!
LOL

There was zero snow, but I bet last week there was. But the peaks were covered; beautiful. There's some trail pics in the Denver meetup thread.

Top Bottom