KC Gravity Pro LED Light Bar

Why1504

Caught the Bug
I am considering installing additional lights and I have some questions.

Are their any known issues installing these on a 2023 392 with Extreme Recon?

I plan to use the Aux Switches. Are there any concerns here? I plan to connect to the #1switch from under hood.

Once installed, with this light bar cause any additional wind noise?

If you have this light bar do you have any regrets after purchase/install?

Thanks!!!

kevman65

Hooked
ANY light bar mounted on any vehicle is going to produce noise, no way around it.

Was going to say with the higher hood and cowl it won't fit, but I see that KC put together a kit specifically for the JL 392 and JT Mojave so you're good there.

kevman65

Hooked
Forgot one, there should be no problem using the #1 AUX switch, if it's like my JT #1 is a higher amperage switch.

On their web page they give amp draw as 13.07 in one spot and 14.67 in another. Either way the lower amperage switches would carry that too.

It seems like lights mounted on the bumper would avoid the noise problem, and be more fuel efficient as well. No annoying glare on the hood. Not sure why people like light bars.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not sure if the pros whistle like a straight light bar, but my two JKURS whistle pretty fierce.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am considering installing additional lights and I have some questions.

Are their any known issues installing these on a 2023 392 with Extreme Recon?
Yes, the light bar mount will NOT work with a 392 or Mojave hood. The cowl is different on both and prevent it from being installed.
I plan to use the Aux Switches. Are there any concerns here? I plan to connect to the #1switch from under hood.
Although the LEDs have a very small draw, I believe the total draw is still high enough that you will want to use one of the higher amp switches. That is, if you intend to go straight to the switch and skip all the other wiring and fuses.
Once installed, with this light bar cause any additional wind noise?
YES. ANY light bar or roof rack will create a lot of wind noise and drag.
If you have this light bar do you have any regrets after purchase/install?
I have it on my Gladiator and I knew what I was getting in to so no, I have no regrets. HOWEVER, now that the ERA 4 lights are out and have installed them as well, I personally think that a pair of them with the combo lens puts out better/cleaner light than the light bar.

Me personally, this is what I will be installing on our 392

kevman65

Hooked
Yes, the light bar mount will NOT work with a 392 or Mojave hood. The cowl is different on both and prevent it from being installed.

They have a specific kit available for the 392/Mojave hood/cowl. Probably the first to do it.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Wow!! The ERA 4 is impressive. With these lights mounted on the bumper would there be any appreciable wind noise?

JimLee

Hooked
I don't get any noise or whistling out of my KC gravity light bar unless I'm driving into a strong headwind , like 30mph or better. And even then it's just a wind noise, not a whistle. Must be lucky I guess

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get any noise or whistling out of my KC gravity light bar unless I'm driving into a strong headwind , like 30mph or better. And even then it's just a wind noise, not a whistle. Must be lucky I guess
I definitely don't get any whistling but compared to my other JL's, I can definitely hear wind noise from the light bar. Albeit, it's not anywhere as loud as what I've heard with other setups in the past but it's definitely there.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I have the Era 4’s with combo lens mounted to the A-pillar’s on my JT with no noticeable wind noise and very little hood reflection. It’s amazing how bright they are.

pacificshore

Although the LEDs have a very small draw, I believe the total draw is still high enough that you will want to use one of the higher amp switches. That is, if you intend to go straight to the switch and skip all the other wiring and fuses.

YES. ANY light bar or roof rack will create a lot of wind noise and drag.

I have it on my Gladiator and I knew what I was getting in to so no, I have no regrets. HOWEVER, now that the ERA 4 lights are out and have installed them as well, I personally think that a pair of them with the combo lens puts out better/cleaner light than the light bar.

After watching the video, I'm thinking the ERA 4 lights are the way to go as well....once I figure out which bumper to replace the stock bumper with.

cinnur

I have the KC Flex 3 and 4 lights on the bumper and another set of the 4s on the A Pillar, and the light produced is blinding.
Try that path and you may not need to deal with the light bar wind noise.

Top Bottom