KC Flex ERA 3 LED Lights A-Pillar Installation on a JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, just as a note, I was talking to Sharkey about these last night and I'd like to point out that I would recommend that you NOT get the combo lens if you're planning to install these on the A-Pillar. The spread lenses create a lot of hood glare and that can be a little distracting. I would recommend using the spot lens in this location and the combo on the bumper. :)

WJCO

Meme King
So, just as a note, I was talking to Sharkey about these last night and I'd like to point out that I would recommend that you NOT get the combo lens if you're planning to install these on the A-Pillar. The spread lenses create a lot of hood glare and that can be a little distracting. I would recommend using the spot lens in this location and the combo on the bumper. :)
Good tip.

Midget

Hey Eddie- I wired mine just like yours ( but to an Auxbeam, no difference I hope) back glows work, main lights work but can’t separate the high and low / spot and fogs like I think you can if you use the switch. Any ideas ( without buying a new harness and using a button switch😳) ? KC wording is so ambiguous but I think the lights will do it with the right wiring? Thanks for any help !

Midget

Sorry to have brought this up but I think I found out that there is no high/ low or fog/ spot differences. The switch just gives you backlight/on/off. So I’ve got all I’m going to get. Thanks anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie- I wired mine just like yours ( but to an Auxbeam, no difference I hope) back glows work, main lights work but can’t separate the high and low / spot and fogs like I think you can if you use the switch. Any ideas ( without buying a new harness and using a button switch😳) ? KC wording is so ambiguous but I think the lights will do it with the right wiring? Thanks for any help !
Sorry to have brought this up but I think I found out that there is no high/ low or fog/ spot differences. The switch just gives you backlight/on/off. So I’ve got all I’m going to get. Thanks anyway.
I apologize for not seeing this sooner but glad you figured it out. (y)

Midget

Beating this subject to death but trying to save someone else from making my mistake… I should have bought the dual mode SAE version (sku 284 NOT 283). It will swap from fog only to fog+spot . It still uses a switch but that version might wire up to the pod only…. No extra lenses included eitherOh well , just a small $ 450 oops.. 🙄🤬😂

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Beating this subject to death but trying to save someone else from making my mistake… I should have bought the dual mode SAE version (sku 284 NOT 283). It will swap from fog only to fog+spot . It still uses a switch but that version might wire up to the pod only…. No extra lenses included eitherOh well , just a small $ 450 oops.. 🙄🤬😂
I wasn’t using any Aux switches at the time I installed my Flex Era 3s. I wired one wire ea to the two 15a switches. If I recall correctly aux 1 was the backlight and aux 3 was the main spotlight.

Midget

You’re absolutely right on the 283 model ! Unfortunately not what I was trying to achieve…
thanks for your reply.

Top Bottom