Jw speaker crap

Well just so you don't feel too bad.
Got a set of KC LED's right after they came out. Within a month I had close to the same problem
KC led cond 2.jpg

KC LED cond 1.jpg

I contacted KC and they sent me a new one right out. I asked about if it was okay to do some extra sealing on the back and they said it was fine and would not void the warranty.
So I used a sealant we use at work and ran a thin bead around several places to seal them up. Yeah it rains a lot hear and a 6 hour trip in a monsoon was just too much for them I think.

Looking from the front wheel well up to the grill area the back of my lights were completely exposed to the blast from the front tires. So I came up with a splash guard to protect the back of the lights.
I don't know if this is sealed in from the factory as I took my stock bumpers off 2 days after I got this Jeep.
Before
back of lights before.jpg

And after. (I have now painted the screw heads black and with road grime and mud on them you cant even hardly see them.)
back of lights after.jpg

11 months later and no further problems with water in the lights.

Hope you can get this all sorted out. I don't like the way JW S is giving you the run around. If they built them then they should warranty them no matter who sold them to you.
If they are in fact knock off's then they need to show you how they can tell. (Serial numbers, or whatever method they use to detect.)
Good luck and keep us posted. Think we are all interested in how this comes out.

I really don't know how to put it , ... fortunately or unfortunately they are not knockoffs! They were checked , also as I said the eBay seller is a serious one ! I apreciate your thoughts and suggestions especially the very well documented one from Tree Frog!
What really bugs me is that the eBay reseller told me to send them back to him to see what he can do! Don't have a clue what he means by that but he never mentioned when do I get a new set back or how he will handle this!?!?
However, I've sent a private message to JWS on Facebook with all pics attached saying I would rather deal with them directly! Will see how this works out...
Anyway guys,... Keep you posted, hope it will turn out well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom