Just got T boned

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Tuesday it was 5 degrees and the roads were solid ice. I screwed up and went into an intersection a little fast and just slid onto the main road. A full sized 4 door pickup hit me on the driver side going 40 mph. I thought my jeep would have been totaled after looking at the truck the front end was completely gone from it. It ended up the damage to the jeep was not that bad. Just a little damage to the door and snapped the steering knuckle from hitting the side of the tire. I always knew the EVO sliders were awesome in the rocks but these really could of saved my life. They took most of the hit and they didn't even bend at all.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow! That's crazy! How are you? You ok? Any pics of the accident you can share?

Sent from my iPhone

BigBoy

Accidents suck, but could be worse. Good to know you were safe and walked away.

I never thought about the benefit of sliders when it comes to side impact protection. Now I have yet another selling point to tell the wife! :)

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Yes my son and I are in good shape. I will post a pic of my jeep but it really doesn't tell the story about the accident. I wish I would of taken one of the truck because it probably has 10,000 to 13,000 of damage compared to mine at 2,200.

jeepwayoflife

Yikes, glad to hear you guys are ok!

My friend and I got T-boned in his 2010 unlimited last year by a suburban going 55mph. The other guy was texting :( The jeep was totalled but we were fine other than some bruises. Gotta love jeeps :cool:

JKWrang

These Jeeps sure do take a beating and survive with minimal damage. Now I'm getting sliders!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

mu8e2e5y.jpg
yjezemev.jpg

Hope you are ok and the jeep will be back on the road soon! It sure is impressive what these jeeps can handle. This guy in a rav4 decided to change lanes into my rear end and it didn't turn out to well for him. Only thing I have is a tiny dent from his side mirror and 2 scuffs that rubbed out. Dent will be covered by EVO corner armor soon.

It's nice that our trail armor serves to protect us not only on the trail but also on the road from idiots and accidents :)
:clap2:

Top Bottom