JT Surging at 1400rpm

hobbz

So I am having an odd issue with my 2020 JT. After I have been driving for a couple hours, I have noticed that when I am around 1400rpm in 7th or 8th gear, it feels like my jeep is surging, or stumbling. I can't tell if it is the engine or transmission. Once I get above 1500rpm it is completely gone. I thought it might be the trans looking for the correct gear, but it still does it if I put it in manual mode.

The only mods I have that I can think of that would possibly contribute to this would be my snorkel and exhaust. I removed my snorkel to make sure that wasn't the problem and it still happened. My exhaust is the AFE rock basher, so I don't think it would be the problem either.

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to figure out what it is? I really don't want to pay the dealership to try and diagnose it only to tell me they can't replicate the problem.

JessL

Caught the Bug
The obvious statement:
There are a lot of possibilities for the surging,
Could be a fuel delivery, spark, sensor, or vacuum issue of some sort.
(Way to narrow it down Jess)

Now, questions:
How many miles on the rig?
How long has it been doing this?
Has it gotten worse over time or was it sudden onset?
How pronounced is it?

May not hurt to do a code scan and see what might be hiding in there.

hobbz

Sorry, it's got just over 30k on the clock.
I have noticed it 5 or 6 times in the last 2 years
Since the 1st time noticing it, it has been the same every time. Again it only happens at 1400rpm after driving for longer the a couple hours
It is very pronounced when it does it, and you will easily feel it.

I have checked codes with my tazer and the only thing showing is drl/turn signal codes where I have aftermarket fenders without them...

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I had what sounds like the same issue with my 2020. It has only happened 4 times. I figured some type of vapor lock or computer issue that needed to go through a couple of on/off cycles.

JT@623

Hooked
It could be right in between gears not enough rpm for 8th to much for 7th . The GM 8 and 10 speeds will do the same feels like it’s surging I think it’s lag issue between the PCM and TCM not a big deal.

Top Bottom