JT Stutter…

Bear_JT

Hooked
This is a new one for me. Let me know if anyone has experienced this or knows of anything about it please.

So today was the first time I noticed this. My 2021 Gladiator with 18,900 miles started with what I could best describe as a stutter while driving at about 40-60 miles per hour on smooth flat road. It only seems to happen while in 7th and 8th gear. If I accelerate, it’ll downshift to 4th or 5th and I have power to go. If I’m coasting or lightly accelerating while in 7th or 8th, it feels like the transmission is stuttering or intermittently cutting power for about 1 second at a time but the motor sounds fine and no code are coming up. Has anyone dealt with this at all? Thanks in advance.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Thanks Eddie. I’m going to be headed out here in a while and I’ll check it out. It’s pretty weird how it started out of nowhere after a full day of running around with no problems.

WJCO

Meme King
This is a new one for me. Let me know if anyone has experienced this or knows of anything about it please.

So today was the first time I noticed this. My 2021 Gladiator with 18,900 miles started with what I could best describe as a stutter while driving at about 40-60 miles per hour on smooth flat road. It only seems to happen while in 7th and 8th gear. If I accelerate, it’ll downshift to 4th or 5th and I have power to go. If I’m coasting or lightly accelerating while in 7th or 8th, it feels like the transmission is stuttering or intermittently cutting power for about 1 second at a time but the motor sounds fine and no code are coming up. Has anyone dealt with this at all? Thanks in advance.
Sure sounds like a torque converter shudder but first I've heard about it on a gladiator.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Sure sounds like a torque converter shudder but first I've heard about it on a gladiator.
That’s what I was thinking also but there seems to be no slippage or power lag or anything else that i know of usually associated to torque converters.

Bear_JT

Hooked
So I have an update. The “stutter” seems to have cleared up. I had been racking my brain on what could have been causing this and the only thing that I could come up with and doesn’t make any sense was to turn off this rodent repeller that was installed under the hood when I purchased my Gladiator. It’s wired to the battery and periodically puts out a high frequency signal and flashes lights to scare away rodents and cats. I realized the stutter seemed to match the timing of the pulse on this device and turned it off. No more stutter. the only thing I can think of if this was the culprit, is maybe it was messing with a computer or sensor somehow. Here’s hoping that this was it in some weird way and it doesn’t come back. IMG_6343.jpeg

WJCO

Meme King
So I have an update. The “stutter” seems to have cleared up. I had been racking my brain on what could have been causing this and the only thing that I could come up with and doesn’t make any sense was to turn off this rodent repeller that was installed under the hood when I purchased my Gladiator. It’s wired to the battery and periodically puts out a high frequency signal and flashes lights to scare away rodents and cats. I realized the stutter seemed to match the timing of the pulse on this device and turned it off. No more stutter. the only thing I can think of if this was the culprit, is maybe it was messing with a computer or sensor somehow. Here’s hoping that this was it in some weird way and it doesn’t come back. View attachment 391708
That's crazy. Hope it was that simple.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I have an update. The “stutter” seems to have cleared up. I had been racking my brain on what could have been causing this and the only thing that I could come up with and doesn’t make any sense was to turn off this rodent repeller that was installed under the hood when I purchased my Gladiator. It’s wired to the battery and periodically puts out a high frequency signal and flashes lights to scare away rodents and cats. I realized the stutter seemed to match the timing of the pulse on this device and turned it off. No more stutter. the only thing I can think of if this was the culprit, is maybe it was messing with a computer or sensor somehow. Here’s hoping that this was it in some weird way and it doesn’t come back. View attachment 391708
Thanks for the update and I have to say, I bet that's been your issue. (y)

hobbz

That sounds similar to something I've experienced. At 1400prm in 7th or 8th with very light throttle I have had the stutter, only after several hours of driving. I've got 33k on mine and had it happen 3 or 4 times.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That sounds similar to something I've experienced. At 1400prm in 7th or 8th with very light throttle I have had the stutter, only after several hours of driving. I've got 33k on mine and had it happen 3 or 4 times.
Yeah I had been driving for a while in pretty warm temperatures. Everything similar like you said, rpm’s, very light throttle. Knock on wood it hasn’t come back.

Top Bottom