JT Bed Storage Ideas

RCC

I already have a Decked system and it performs as advertised. But here is my problem. Living where we do in Texas its a fairly long drive to get to anywhere with trails and rocks. So anytime we go we load everything in our Gladiator and go, two adults and teenager involves hauling a lot of crap for 1 to 2 week trips.

One of my problems is we have a 16 year old daughter that travels with us and I hope she does for years to come. I bought a small 12v refrigerator that rides in the backseat, I want a larger fridge for the bed but nothing will clear with my current set up. I would like to make more interior room for her and other items in the backseat so I either have to ditch carrying a fridge or figure something else out for storage in the bed.

Another issue is, and this is nothing against Decked, I feel the decked system has a a lot of unuseable space. If you look at the cubic feet of the 2 drawers vs the area of the bed it takes up, I feel like theres more room to be had.

So here I am contemplating taking the Decked system out, buying a ARB fridge and slide, and figuring out another cargo management system with water proof boxes of some sort.

What does everyone else here do?

WJCO

Meme King
I already have a Decked system and it performs as advertised. But here is my problem. Living where we do in Texas its a fairly long drive to get to anywhere with trails and rocks. So anytime we go we load everything in our Gladiator and go, two adults and teenager involves hauling a lot of crap for 1 to 2 week trips.

One of my problems is we have a 16 year old daughter that travels with us and I hope she does for years to come. I bought a small 12v refrigerator that rides in the backseat, I want a larger fridge for the bed but nothing will clear with my current set up. I would like to make more interior room for her and other items in the backseat so I either have to ditch carrying a fridge or figure something else out for storage in the bed.

Another issue is, and this is nothing against Decked, I feel the decked system has a a lot of unuseable space. If you look at the cubic feet of the 2 drawers vs the area of the bed it takes up, I feel like theres more room to be had.

So here I am contemplating taking the Decked system out, buying a ARB fridge and slide, and figuring out another cargo management system with water proof boxes of some sort.

My setup won't address your storage issue, but here's what I did for my fridge. I run the ARB 63 qt fridge and it fits nicely under the tonneau cover. The factory bed has grooves in it for sliding a 2x6 in. I did this but had to modify the board or the tailgate wouldn't close with the fridge there. Been working great so far. I just bed-lined the board so it looks better.

fridge (1).jpg fridge (4).jpg fridge (3).jpg fridge (2).JPG

RCC

My setup won't address your storage issue, but here's what I did for my fridge. I run the ARB 63 qt fridge and it fits nicely under the tonneau cover. The factory bed has grooves in it for sliding a 2x6 in. I did this but had to modify the board or the tailgate wouldn't close with the fridge there. Been working great so far. I just bed-lined the board so it looks better.

View attachment 371433 View attachment 371434 View attachment 371435 View attachment 371436

I like that set up. Ive been looking at an ARB Elements fridge. Just need to see if mounting rails in the floor of the bed and strapping storage boxes down actually results in more room.

Dale72

Hooked
I'm thinking about getting rid of my decked system. I dropped something in between it and the side of the bed and when I pulled the top off, I had a shit load of pine needles under it

WJCO

Meme King
I like that set up. Ive been looking at an ARB Elements fridge. Just need to see if mounting rails in the floor of the bed and strapping storage boxes down actually results in more room.

-AINOKEA- did it here if you want to see a pic:

benatc1

Hooked
I did the slide and mount. I have a roam 82 box that will stay in there and will store my tools/gear and then I’ll just fill in as needed, ignore all the other crap in the bed right now. I’m also going to get a rack for my truck cap to help store stuff. Having the camper shell is a big advantage for loading up in my opinion.

Attachments

• 365B3638-4DB9-4367-A05B-622AEF46DA62.jpeg
    365B3638-4DB9-4367-A05B-622AEF46DA62.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 1F6562EC-86CD-47B7-9CE1-827FEDFB23DA.jpeg
    1F6562EC-86CD-47B7-9CE1-827FEDFB23DA.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 33AD63A3-6698-4251-AB09-3BFCE0770849.jpeg
    33AD63A3-6698-4251-AB09-3BFCE0770849.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 33

Lperdue

I did the slide and mount. I have a roam 82 box that will stay in there and will store my tools/gear and then I’ll just fill in as needed, ignore all the other crap in the bed right now. I’m also going to get a rack for my truck cap to help store stuff. Having the camper shell is a big advantage for loading up in my opinion.
How is the rebel off road fridge slide holding up? I've seen it a few times but don't know any running one.

benatc1

Hooked
How is the rebel off road fridge slide holding up? I've seen it a few times but don't know any running one.
I put it in right before the New Years run, figured it would get ran pretty hard down there. The last stretch of the night run I was doing about 45-70mph on that whole road past that windmill, even before it really opened up to a road. I really was trying to push the Limits of Mojave suspension and it did awesome, took some hard hits and kept trucking, but I’ll say the fridge didn’t move at all and the mount held up great through all that pounding. Time will continue to tell but if it held up there it will hold up, time will tell for how long of course, but I was impressed even with some early skepticism.

Lperdue

I put it in right before the New Years run, figured it would get ran pretty hard down there. The last stretch of the night run I was doing about 45-70mph on that whole road past that windmill, even before it really opened up to a road. I really was trying to push the Limits of Mojave suspension and it did awesome, took some hard hits and kept trucking, but I’ll say the fridge didn’t move at all and the mount held up great through all that pounding. Time will continue to tell but if it held up there it will hold up, time will tell for how long of course, but I was impressed even with some early skepticism.
Yea same here. But it seems solid from what you said, even though it ties into the bed rails. Might have to give it a look when I get a fridge.

Is that the factory plug? Or aftermarket?

benatc1

Hooked
Is that the factory plug? Or aftermarket?
Couldn’t find a pic of it, but in that square hole in the box In only had a plastic cover. So I drilled it out and mounted the socket end of the ARB hardwire kit so it’s an easy plug in and . I’ll try and get a pic of it as is tomorrow

Attachments

• 472240C2-6D22-4C92-96C4-21B13B76FF1C.jpeg
    472240C2-6D22-4C92-96C4-21B13B76FF1C.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 6

benatc1

Hooked
Yea same here. But it seems solid from what you said, even though it ties into the bed rails. Might have to give it a look when I get a fridge.
You still have a good amount of flexibility on where you mount it. Bed rails are convenient if you don’t already have them

sunnysideup

I made a topper... and it works great. Cost was about 650 with all the stuff I put in it too. For a fridge... I just made a block -cut it to fit and use a mounting plate and a strap.

Attachments

• PXL_20211212_202616614.jpg
    PXL_20211212_202616614.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20211228_022725510.jpg
    PXL_20211228_022725510.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20211228_022733354.jpg
    PXL_20211228_022733354.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20210807_235025335.jpg
    PXL_20210807_235025335.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 22

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
As mentioned, I mounted the slide for the elements on the ridges of the bed using 4 nutserts with washers on the backside to spread the load. I used nutserts so I could easily remove the bolts/fridge alone, which I did. The elements takes up roughly 1/3 of the bed, which isn’t ideal, and the reason I took it out until I need it. When on the slide, it sticks up above the bed so a tonneau is not gonna work. Also, if you get an elements fridge, I’d bet the control panel will take in water like mine did. Peel off the button sticker and silicone the crap outta the edges. Good luck.
D1A1F09F-19C5-42C0-ABD1-5AFC5CCFD20B.jpeg

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I didn't even know they made a fridge mount. I like the design and the fact it uses the bed rails. Definitely going to look into buying that.

Top Bottom